Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
First post here, I picked up my 69 plate a200 amg line premium, it has the upgraded nav (with AI) 4 days ago.
I absolutely love it.
But the general amount of info symbols is a little mind boggling!
I get all the usual ones but some I don’t, in particular
Where the change gear indicator is (I have manual) sometime a N with an arrow symbol appears, and I had a purple box with a star in it, I have no idea which either is. Iv had a look in the manual, online etc but can’t find anything.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the >N is requesting you to put the car into manual and then release the clutch for the stop-start to engage.

I can't comment on the other symbol as I'm still awaiting my car...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Where the change gear indicator is (I have manual) sometime a N with an arrow symbol appears
In the automatic, that icon indicates that you are going slow enough to engage park. So presumably in a manual that symbol would indicate you could engage the e-brake.

I had a purple box with a star in it
This should be the "individual" engine mode, which you can customise to your hearts content (engine mapping, steering etc.)

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have an auto, but going from previous manual cars I’ve had, the arrow tells you to shift up or down, or change to neutral. A star perhaps means you’re in the right gear?
When the arrow appears next to the P, it means it’s found a space for you to park in with the auto-park function.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts