Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Manual Map Updates have been unavailable for ages for “technical reason”
Keep trying, it is very temperamental. I was able to check for map updates on the portal last week, but then it wasn’t available when I checked two days ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had my second OTA software update today (had two in a week!). The first one was a small download and installed in seconds. The latest update was 68mb and took around 20 mins to fully install and activate following a reboot. Can’t see any major new functionality, however the ‘Understated’ Display has now been removed so I’m just left with ‘Classic’ and ‘Sport’. Had my A200 since September last year. Here’s hoping they add ‘Progressive’ at some point soon?!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Had my second OTA software update today (had two in a week!). The first one was a small download and installed in seconds. The latest update was 68mb and took around 20 mins to fully install and activate following a reboot. Can’t see any major new functionality, however the ‘Understated’ Display has now been removed so I’m just left with ‘Classic’ and ‘Sport’. Had my A200 since September last year. Here’s hoping they add ‘Progressive’ at some point soon?!
I had this 68mb update install yesterday even though the portal said it was installed about 2 weeks ago. Can’t see any changes and I also had the same issue with home address no longer found. It also cleared out all my previous destinations which is a bit of a pain. I’ve had car since July.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, with everything happening in the world at the moment, my car did it’s first OTA update yesterday.
Only an infotainment update, and I can’t see anything that has changed. Except for the Mercedes Benz boot logo that has a different animation on startup now.
Anybody know what it actually updates? MB doesn’t provide any release notes that I can find.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Think I’m still on original FU1, as I can’t see a version number anywhere on the car settings. Or I’m just not seeing it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Version is in system->information about or something like that(my default language is different). Check it please. Current version is fup2/063

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had this yesterday too, I haven't noticed anything different other than the fact it had reset my home location, my connected phones and my sound settings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I seem to have lost all my map favourites, previous destinations and home/work locations from this OTA update, not sure if they can be retrieved, very disappointed. I have a a 2018 A180 and this is my first ever infotainment update also, can't see anything else has changed. So disappointed in 18 months there have been NO general system improvements or fixes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No updates on my side. Last update was in May and it was a very quick 2 minute download. Not a 700mb download like this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have just had an MBUX update over the air directly to my car. Not sure what has changed apart from I now can see a Mercedes store option on the menu. The software version field is blank so I don't know what version I have. Nice to see updates being rolled out this way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have just had an MBUX update over the air directly to my car. Not sure what has changed apart from I now can see a Mercedes store option on the menu. The software version field is blank so I don't know what version I have. Nice to see updates being rolled out this way.
i know there was an update for the maps so maybe that’s all part of it. I got a notification is the Mercedes me app. Have a look in there as it tells you what it’s for.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i know there was an update for the maps so maybe that’s all part of it. I got a notification is the Mercedes me app. Have a look in there as it tells you what it’s for.
I updated the maps myself via USB a week ago so it was not the maps. If I now check the Mercedes me web site under 'Software Update' just says 'Infotainment Update successfully installed on 20/10/2020.
I only found out that I was getting an update when I logged into the Mercedes Me website on Tuesday and looked at the 'Software update' section and it said an update was approx. 80% complete and to go to Menu, Settings, Software update in the car, I did this and sure enough it was at 80% in the process of updating, it took a further 10-15 mins to complete the down load and then I had a message with warnings that various features would be inactive when installing the software and had to agree for installation to start, which I did. The radio went off, infotainment screen went blank apart from a down arrow and horizontal line, after about 10 mins the screen went completely blank. I waited a few minuets more to see if it would come back on but nothing, so I started the car and the system booted up normally with a message that the software update had successfully been installed. I don't know how long it took to get to the initial 80% download as it did it in the background either when I was driving or parked in my garage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just got an over the air infotainment system update ,size 750 mb the only thing I have noticed that is different is the dab station logos have updated anyone else received this and any other changes noticed

21 - 40 of 80 Posts