Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
A200 AMG Line Premium Plus
57 Posts
Got an info-update aswell and installed . Not sure what it contained but It was 774MB for me.

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
Might be useful if people shared their version numbers, eg:

(pics taken from various older posts)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Mine's the same: apilevel/ntg6_fup2/063

Maps have updated 3 or 4 times but that was my first infotainment update. Unlike map updates that installed automatically, this one required that you switched the engine off. Map updates would also pop a message letting you know they've been successfully installed, unlike the infotainment update that didn't display anything. It said it'd take several minutes and I was expecting a message when it was done, but several minutes later nothing came up. Well, I wanted to make sure I gave it plenty of time to install, so I waited roughly 45 which is more than my definition of "several minutes" and just fired it back up. Checked all menus, everything was fine, none of my settings was changed either and took the car out for a quick spin just to make sure it drove fine too. I was mainly concerned about the functionality of dynamic select and cameras, as those (among other features) were supposed to have limited functionality until the update was successfully installed. Cams were fine, tried all modes including LC, all fine. Just not sure what's new in this update, I didn't notice any changes.

I didn't check my map versions cause it's been nearly 4 months since my last update (October 10), but just checked Me and it says V14.1. Oh, apparently my infotainment update is officially successfully installed according to Me, so if anyone is having doubts (as mentioned earlier, it won't let you know when it's done) just check software updates on Me, it should be right on the update list.

On another note, two things were changed after taking the car in for what I assume was the FUP update last Summer, and that was the AMG dash options that included everything you already have on the big screen (power, torque, G-meter etc) and a minor glitch fix that would cause the rpm dash to revert back to factory style after returning from AMG back to Trip.

·
Super Moderator
4,308 Posts
Has anyone got this message on MMe and know what it is. Otherwise it says I have been updated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine has just finished, I assume it also added/fixed some infotainment features as the software version went from apilevel/ntg6_fup2/063 to apilevel/ntg6/080
Can't tell whats different though.

·
Super Moderator
4,308 Posts
I have also had remote parking appear on MMe as an option. So I don't loaded it, thinking I would then be asked to pay but instead it downloaded and then said add a compatible vehicle as it couldn't work with mine.

·
Super Moderator
4,308 Posts
Reactions: Arapaima

·
Super Moderator
4,308 Posts
For anyone using an USB connection for their music they should check the settings for bass, midrange and treble. Mine were reset by the updates to zero but BT was unaffected.

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
It’s just an expansion/update of the offline voice commands available to MBUX for when it doesn’t have an online connection, or when your 3 year MBUX online subscription runs out.

eg: Hey Mercedes, Seat Heating On (and other offline commands) will still work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Now that raetsel has got 080 on download has anyone got a gearbox update without a visit to see the smart 'not so smart' bloke at the MB dealer. Is there a way to check if the G/B is up to date? I've asked but they say it's all part of FUP3 which I've got. I have the 'throttle on elastic' feeling in Comfort mode particularly leaving slightly uphill junctions and reversing up my drive. It's very annoying when nothing happens with quite a lot of pedal movement then it leaps off with a 'what did you do that for' from the wife.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Gearbox TCU update has to be done by visit to dealer.
Thanks V8 thought it might be so. Trouble is they say it's part of FUP3 and I've got 080, is there a way of me checking what update the Gearbox has ? If so do you know what is the latest designation?

·
Super Moderator
3,852 Posts
Unfortunately, without plug in diagnostic equipment, you can't tell what level of software your gearbox TCU has.

080 is only the software level of MBUX, or rather, NTG6, the infotainment system.

The latest version is 081 anyway ;) (but isn't related to gearbox TCU).

(FUP3 may have encompassed other ECU software in addition to Infotainment this is unknown)

You can try arguing with the service manager, who should know better, that 080 or 081 is only the NTG6 Infotainment software, you need the specific gearbox ECU software updating to cure the throttle lag via Xentry.

Or put the car into Sport mode when reversing up your drive, that should remove the dead travel ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Unfortunately, without plug in diagnostic equipment, you can't tell what level of software your gearbox TCU has.

080 is only the software level of MBUX, or rather, NTG6, the infotainment system.

The latest version is 081 anyway ;) (but isn't related to gearbox TCU).

(FUP3 may have encompassed other ECU software in addition to Infotainment this is unknown)

You can try arguing with the service manager, who should know better, that 080 or 081 is only the NTG6 Infotainment software, you need the specific gearbox ECU software updating to cure the throttle lag via Xentry.

Or put the car into Sport mode when reversing up your drive, that should remove the dead travel ;)
Thanks for that, forearmed is forewarned.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Now that raetsel has got 080 on download has anyone got a gearbox update without a visit to see the smart 'not so smart' bloke at the MB dealer. Is there a way to check if the G/B is up to date? I've asked but they say it's all part of FUP3 which I've got. I have the 'throttle on elastic' feeling in Comfort mode particularly leaving slightly uphill junctions and reversing up my drive. It's very annoying when nothing happens with quite a lot of pedal movement then it leaps off with a 'what did you do that for' from the wife.
I had the same problem! Dealership were useless, cant believe a word they say.
I fitted a Pedal Box. Problem solved!
Yes, you can use Sport mode, but you will have the high revs. Pedal box allows you to set what travel, sensitivity you want the throttle to be without the revs.
Dont get me wrong, I would much prefer to NOT have one fitted, but without it, the car is not enjoyable to drive! Just my opinion!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had the same problem! Dealership were useless, cant believe a word they say.
I fitted a Pedal Box. Problem solved!
Yes, you can use Sport mode, but you will have the high revs. Pedal box allows you to set what travel, sensitivity you want the throttle to be without the revs.
Dont get me wrong, I would much prefer to NOT have one fitted, but without it, the car is not enjoyable to drive! Just my opinion!
Yes Greenjacket I have looked at the posts about fitting a Pedal box and they aren't expensive but if the TCU update fixes it then I would prefer that. However the thought of going to MB for half a day may drive me to eBay!

61 - 80 of 80 Posts