Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I get the same in the UK
It's a shame, as I think the 3WordAuto implementation of W3W has much greater value to MB owners with MBUX systems than their standard app.
While I'm glad it's not specific to me, I'm sorry that it isn't working for you either in the UK, with a UK account, on a UK-developed app.
I imagine it must be happening to others, as well. Maybe if everybody who has this issue leaves a review and contacts their tech support, they'll figure out the problem and fix it.
I already left a review, and I'm about to hit send on an email, as well. I'll let you know if they have a fix for me. It may work for you, as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,885 Posts
I was talking about the normal app. No logging in and able to save and rename favourites. I’m using iPhone
09070729-C1F4-4825-AAA1-ED7ED99C0713.png

·
Super Moderator
3,637 Posts
Yes, normal W3W app for me, that sends to the car fine through the Me App, without the W3W App having to login to the MMe.

*If you use iOS ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think @steve_3939 may be referring to the normal W3W app which works on Apple but not Android, @garypen is talking about 3WordAuto which logs into your MMe account, or not in our case 🙄
Exactly. I was referring to 3WordAuto when talking about the error logging into my Mercedes Me account.
However, after that, I also referred to the standard W3W app asking me to create a W3W account in order to save locations to Favorites.

I was talking about the normal app. No logging in and able to save and rename favourites. I’m using iPhone
Odd. The normal app asked that I create a W3W account in order to save locations to Favorites. Did it never ask you to create a W3W account?

Could you be logged in, and totally forgot about it? That might explain why you can save to and edit Favorites. It's easy to check.

It works fine for me in the UK.
I don’t have to log into anything and it sends to the car via the Me app, same as @steve_3939 in post #11.
The standard W3W app sends locations to my car as well, if I click "Navigate", then choose the MMe app, then choose "Send". Basically working the same as with a pinned location from Google Maps. Although, with GMaps, I click "Share". Clicking "Share", and then choosing MMe gives me an error from MMe. I need to click "Navigate" for MMe to work.
This is what happens when I click "Share", instead of "Navigate". I don't even get to the point to click "Send":

Weird that it works with Navigate, but not Share, as both open the MMe app to send to the car.

·
Super Moderator
1,885 Posts
It appears you are correct about me logging in 👍👍 maybe that’s all that is required for the app to work correctly. My apologies for misleading you regarding creating an account. Hope this helps.

B2D3FC7E-2FCA-4DC3-A9B6-16E5E689B50C.jpeg
B2D3FC7E-2FCA-4DC3-A9B6-16E5E689B50C.jpeg

·
Registered
83 Posts
I click Share on the W3W app.
(Am not registered nor logged in)

Are you Apple or Android?
I'm Android. So, perhaps this is another case of something in the Android ver of W3W not working correctly, as Macgd016 originally brought up.
It appears you are correct about me logging in 👍👍 maybe that’s all that is required for the app to work correctly. My apologies for misleading you regarding creating an account. Hope this helps.
I'm logged in, as I had to create an account in order to save to Favorites. As I said, the W3W app is working correctly, other than needing to click Navigate rather than Share, in order to send to the car via MMe.
But, the 3WordAuto app is still not working correctly. I sent CS an email stating the issue. Perhaps they'll come up with a fix. (I think I'll send them one about the Share/Navigate issue in the standard app, as well. Although, that's not a big issue for me.)
For now, I will continue to try out the standard W3W app, and see how useful it is for me.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I'm Android. So, perhaps this is another case of something in the Android ver of W3W not working correctly, as Macgd016 originally brought up
Interestingly I've just tried sending a location from Android W3W to MMe and it worked correctly 🤗

This is definitely something new so either W3W have made a change to the Android app or there has been a change in FUP3 either way it's now working.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Interestingly I've just tried sending a location from Android W3W to MMe and it worked correctly 🤗
Did you click Share or Navigate in the W3W app?

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
This is a really useful thread, especially for me who has never used W3W. I note from having just downloaded the app that locations can be transferred on my iphone to Google Maps.

Does it work in Europe as the place where I usually get stuck is finding a rented villa when I go to Spain, for instance. Which fingers crossed will happen again later this year.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
This is a really useful thread, especially for me who has never used W3W. I note from having just downloaded the app that locations can be transferred on my iphone to Google Maps.

Does it work in Europe as the place where I usually get stuck is finding a rented villa when I go to Spain, for instance. Which fingers crossed will happen again later this year.
If you have European maps on your car W3W should work OK but I'm not sure why you would want to transfer it to Google Maps though, but if you do you can send it to the car from there as well

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
My mistake as for my European trip we will hire a car so it will be a portable sat nav or smart phone.

·
Super Moderator
1,885 Posts

as far as I’m aware they have divided the whole world into 3x3 metre squares, so in theory should even work in the desert 👍

·
Registered
A200d AMG Premium
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Well I've experimented extensively with W3W and Google Maps with regards to sending destinations to MBUX. What I have found is both work (kind of) but W3W works far more accurately. Google maps for some reason thinks half of the 'dropped pins' are somewhere else on the globe..... USA, even Africa. There seems to be a breakdown between the 'dropped pin' and the loc'n it's sending to MMe..... Wierd and annoying.

·
Super Moderator
1,885 Posts
Don’t forget also that you can speak the 3 words that the app generates. I think the command is something like “hey mercedes, navigate to what 3 words bla bla bla” and the navigation opens up to that exact spot 👍

21 - 40 of 41 Posts