Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was messing around yesterday in the dealer mode settings (yes I know it was a stupid idea) and I accidentally deleted all map data ??‍♂...

Has anyone else done this and found a solution to get it back? I’ve tried to use the download manager and map updates to see if the map data can be restored using these but after about 40% of the install on the car it just errors.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I believe you have to get the ‘base maps’ installed by the dealer. Seen another post on this somewhere on here. Maybe act dumb and say they just disappeared and they won’t charge you to put them back on!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe you have to get the ‘base maps’ installed by the dealer. Seen another post on this somewhere on here. Maybe act dumb and say they just disappeared and they won’t charge you to put them back on!!!
Thank you! Yeah it seemed really confusing and there was nothing on the web about this issue or possible fixes... Seems quite stupid to make the dealer mode so easily accessible too and even then, why put that option in there to delete ALL map data.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I think the lesson here is: don't mess with what you don't understand. And if you do, then don't complain when it ends badly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the lesson here is: don't mess with what you don't understand. And if you do, then don't complain when it ends badly.
Oh i understand it. Also, I'm not complaining, I'm simply asking a question if anyone knew how to get it back or what the next steps were to resolve the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts