Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think I really understand how profiles and themes work on the MBUX system.

When I first got the car - I set my profile to my name and off I went. I had a bunch of themes in there like Trip, Economic, Sport etc. which would alter the appearance of my two screens.

A couple of days later I sign up with Mercedes Me and create an account – add a pic of me grinning and it’s linked with my car. Good to go!
So when I get in the car – my default profile is my grinning face, it’s got the Mercedes Me logo – so that’s the account linked to Mercedes Me – got it.
When I get in, the settings are a bit different, the units are in km/h – no prob, I just tweaked a few things here and there and had it looking like my old profile (which still exists).

The thing is – when I go to ‘Themes’, I only have the option to create a new theme. All the ready-made themes are gone. So the pre-loaded themes are only on my old account. I can change the profile and see the themes, but in my grinning face, Mercedes-Me, profile – no themes.

I am not all that upset about it, but I figured there must be a way to copy over those default themes from one profile to the next? I cannot for the life of me work out how to do it. I definitely cannot be bothered scrolling through hundreds of photos to customise the screens. Is there a decent MBUX guide anywhere? Has anyone experienced any similar issues?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Go to your profile top right of MBUX Screen and click on it and then the 2 dots to side of profile name and then reset themes- I think that’s right

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello,

does your car stay in the same dynamic after turn off the engine? i`ve created 3 themes ,sport,Eco & comfort, but when i turn off the engine and start the car when back the theme (lights,dash etc ) remain the previous but the mode always go to comfort. how i can do for the car to remain in Eco until i change it?thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

does your car stay in the same dynamic after turn off the engine? i`ve created 3 themes ,sport,Eco & comfort, but when i turn off the engine and start the car when back the theme (lights,dash etc ) remain the previous but the mode always go to comfort. how i can do for the car to remain in Eco until i change it?thanks
I have the same problem. Car will not default to my newly created theme. Have to select the radio station too, esle it will start at 87.5 each time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Raz
Mine didn't hold stations either until I had a update of the MBUX. Takes 6 hours so don't stay at the dealer waiting. As far as selecting driving modes, mine goes back to comfort each time also. Happened to me on my w176 a250 4matic and my Audi also. Think it's an emissions thing to allow mb to advertise their cars so low, or at least that's what I have been told. I could be wrong though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts