Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you use the speed limiter or the cruise control, you can double press down on the set rocker switch and it will automatically set the current legal speed limit. Ideal when you look in the mirror and see a police car behind, saves you having to look down and try and set it. If the speed limit then changes, just reset it again and it will change to the new limit.

Reactions: aLex200

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you need to get out of the car, for example to close a gate behind you, nd you have the engine running, don’t worry about putting the car in park and applying the handbreak, just open the door and it applies parking break for you.
do you ever have to apply the electric hand brake manually? In all occasions (i am using the car only for last 10 days) it seems to apply automatically. I am not even sure why there is a electric hand brake button?

·
Registered
230 Posts
This is from the owner's manual: 'When the vehicle comes to a standstill the electric parking brake is applied if one of the following conditions is fulfilled: The engine is switched off; the driver's door is opened."
You will know it is applied when the red P appears in the instrument cluster.

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
I am not even sure why there is a electric hand brake button?
In an emergency (eg your main brake hydraulics have failed or leaked), push and hold the parking brake switch, it will use the electric motors in the rear wheels to apply the parking brake.

When you are at a level crossing at night, drop the gearbox into N and push the parking brake switch. It will save blinding the people behind with your main brake lights.

·
Registered
83 Posts
When you are at a level crossing at night, drop the gearbox into N and push the parking brake switch. It will save blinding the people behind with your main brake lights.
Thanks. But i just apply the parking gear in this case. Am i doing something wrong?

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
I wouldn’t apply the P Park position on anything other than level ground without the parking brake, as you are relying on a pin (pawl) in the gearbox to stop the car moving.

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
260 Posts
Nothin what could be called tips and tricks...all of those i knew without manual. Just go through whole menu look press and check whats is changed. Phew

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
260 Posts
As I wrote, I didnt even read manual and know all those stuff without it, just gone through all options and learing it from scratch.
MBUX is so simple as mobile phone on Android. If someone cant keep up with Android phones so yes, MBUX will be difficult to find all and they can be called tips&tricks for them but for me I think honestly those are normal functions on MBUX.. double BT?its on the screen just add second phone, RTI? just go to radio options and just look whats up there, there is no dragon, no Loch Ness monster up there to be scared of blowing up the car:D.
Tips and Tricks from its name mean that some functions are not written properly or very deep hidden or just needed hit at least two buttons like combination of 2-3 buttons to reveal some functions.

·
Registered
141 Posts
As I wrote, I didnt even read manual and know all those stuff without it, just gone through all options and learing it from scratch.
MBUX is so simple as mobile phone on Android. If someone cant keep up with Android phones so yes, MBUX will be difficult to find all and they can be called tips&tricks for them but for me I think honestly those are normal functions on MBUX.. double BT?its on the screen just add second phone, RTI? just go to radio options and just look whats up there, there is no dragon, no Loch Ness monster up there to be scared of blowing up the car:D.
Tips and Tricks from its name mean that some functions are not written properly or very deep hidden or just needed hit at least two buttons like combination of 2-3 buttons to reveal some functions.
good for you? sometimes people miss things so videos like this can be handy.
No need to be a dick about it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I agree with the person above (Vampire) there is no trick or real knowledge in those videos. If you already have the car. Is supposed you had the time to check yourself and found out all those things just by experimenting.

However those could be very useful for someone looking into buying a new Mercedes and trying to see why this fuss is all about, or while waiting un-patiently for their W177 and trying to know more about the car, learning a bit of it before actually having it.

So yes, those could be useful for some people, but not for owners I guess. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
To change track while media is playing - simply swipe (without clicking) left or right in the centre top of the touchpad, it will do next track or previous track.

(2) in the picture below

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Why would we not use the screen rather than the mouse. I suppose it's there if you want it.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts