Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
mbux infotainment Facebook group gives out useful tips etc..
There are so many MB FB groups. Do you have a link to this please.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Why would we not use the screen rather than the mouse. I suppose it's there if you want it.
I find it safer to use the touch pads, either the centre one or on the steering wheel, because that way I don’t have to take my eyes of the road.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I would prefer one on the steering for changing music tracks. So is that the left side touch sensitive button. I will try later. It was useful to use the steering to change tracks on my previous A45 and I agree that would be best for safety.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I would prefer one on the steering for changing music tracks. So is that the left side touch sensitive button. I will try later. It was useful to use the steering to change tracks on my previous A45 and I agree that would be best for safety.
It is the left one, but you’ll have to display & select the track on the centre screen first. It will then continue to select the next track onward, so all you need to do is just swipe right (very clever)

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
Why would we not use the screen rather than the mouse. I suppose it's there if you want it.
Because it's an awful long stretch to get to the main screen, unless you have arms like and orangutan ;) AND you have to look away from the road to the main screen to find the < > buttons!

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Because it's an awful long stretch to get to the main screen, unless you have arms like and orangutan ;) AND you have to look away from the road to the main screen to find the < > buttons!
I'm Tarzan :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
I find the touchpad swipe is an easy find without looking away from the road. Changing the track on the screen is at least a glance before touching. Touchpad is much safer IMO.

·
Super Moderator
1,587 Posts
To change track while media is playing - simply swipe (without clicking) left or right in the centre top of the touchpad, it will do next track or previous track.

(2) in the picture below

it also works on the steering wheel pad too.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
it also works on the steering wheel pad too.
I just tried this and it brought up the current and future tracks. When all I wanted is next track. Having a list of all the future tracks is quite distracting. So I just used the screen.

·
Super Moderator
1,587 Posts
I just tried this and it brought up the current and future tracks. When all I wanted is next track. Having a list of all the future tracks is quite distracting. So I just used the screen.
if the album cover is highlighted on main screen a swipe to the right starts next track. A swipe left will restart track, or a couple of swipes will go backwards on the album. You must have album highlighted for steering wheel pad to change track. Its the only method I use. Try again 👍

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
if the album cover is highlighted on main screen a swipe to the right starts next track. A swipe left will restart track, or a couple of swipes will go backwards on the album. You must have album highlighted for steering wheel pad to change track. Its the only method I use. Try again 👍
I like to mix my tracks and it doesn't work seamlessly in that case. I will keep trying but I have gotten used to just using the screen.

Overall there is so much to the MBUX system I haven't even scratched the surface yet.

While we are here can anyone tell me what the Sync switch is meant to do next to the temperature :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
1,587 Posts
Keeps the left and right hand temperatures the same
correct. It goes off when passenger adjusts theirs individually. When synced by driver the passenger goes to same as drivers temp.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
It is the left one, but you’ll have to display & select the track on the centre screen first. It will then continue to select the next track onward, so all you need to do is just swipe right (very clever)
Yes but using it this way, you are restricted to viewing the Music page on the screen. Using veeeight’s way allows you to skip tracks while still having another page up on the main screen.

Reactions: LENNOX

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was getting frustrated by the trackpad not being able to control Android Auto. Specifically, swiping the trackpad did not seem to do much of anything in AA. The only swipe I found useful was that when listening to music in AA, but having the main screen display something outside AA, you can swipe up on the pad to bring up the media track controls on AA. But to select these controls still required you to use the touchscreen.

Anyway, I have since discovered that changing some settings in the AA app does enable some functionality of the trackpad. If you enable developer mode in the app and select unknown sources, you can now change the media track by swiping left and right. It's not a massive change and I wish the track pad would was more functional in AA, but this trick does make it somewhat less frustrating.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was getting frustrated by the trackpad not being able to control Android Auto. Specifically, swiping the trackpad did not seem to do much of anything in AA. The only swipe I found useful was that when listening to music in AA, but having the main screen display something outside AA, you can swipe up on the pad to bring up the media track controls on AA. But to select these controls still required you to use the touchscreen.

Anyway, I have since discovered that changing some settings in the AA app does enable some functionality of the trackpad. If you enable developer mode in the app and select unknown sources, you can now change the media track by swiping left and right. It's not a massive change and I wish the track pad would was more functional in AA, but this trick does make it somewhat less frustrating.
You should be able to change the track forward or backwards by swiping right or left on the very top part of the track pad (the part above the raised line). You can do this regardless of what page is displayed on the main screen and the track should still skip forward or back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't even think of swiping on the two arrows! I only tried pressing on them. Will give it a try. Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Give it a good swipe right or left. It should work. It also does the same for your pre-set radio stations if your source is the radio. And same for tracks if your audio is Bluetooth linked to your phone.

Reactions: YowVil
61 - 80 of 81 Posts