Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with a list of languages supported by the voice assistant (Hey Mercedes)?

I know most members in here has English as their first language and by that don´t find this subject interesting, but for others (as myself) this is more relevant...;o) I´ve been searching quite a lot for this info on various websites, including the official Mercedes and Daimler sites, press kits and a lot of different tech sites that focusing on the automobile industry. Most sites only states that its "Available in 23 languages", but don´t list which languages.And I guess that this relates to the voice assistant and not the written text in the various menus etc.

However, I found one website, that had a little more info and wrote the following; "Dragon Drive powers MBUX features in 23 languages, including UK English, US English, German, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, Mexican Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese and Korean." So that covers 11 languages but still only about half of the languages...Please share if your have more information of which precize languages that are - or should be - available..

Voice assistant functions
In addition, can anyone confirm that there is different variants (or grades) of the voice assistant capabilities? Most communication around MBUX writes examples like saying "Its hot in here", then the car "replies" by turning down the temperature or opening the window. Or asking more difficault - and non-car related questions like "How about last nights Toronto Raptors game? Then the answer would be something like "...the 114-110 win over the Warriors also won them the NBA Championship". So the many different sources states that indirect speech should be recognize instead of the more traditional comands, like mute sound, turn on reading light, navigate home etc.

My A200 saloon from July 2019 with FU2, only understands the very basic comands and when I ask to open a window, the reply are something like "that this is not possible due to this cars functionality" (I don't remember the exact wording). But the tradional comands, mute sound, turn on reading light, navigate home etc., works fine, but I had expected more...

Can anyone share some light on this for me?

·
Registered
416 Posts
While I don't have the language problem, I'm english so can just about get by in english, I would like a list of the functions that can be operated.
When you search the subject all the replies say you don't need to learn the commands as the car will figure it out but if you don't know what car functions you can ask for!
I keep asking for "more power" but sadly it doesn't work.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I heard voice command for windows was not operative for safety reasons, but also find more that mbux is not able to understand more complex commands, it just goes into a loop asking what I wanted to do. It gives the weather forecast in any location, turns the heating up and down and tells me how far I can drive before running out of fuel. It turns the radio on but won't turn it off. It phones people on request, it also dictates and sends text messages for me, and reads my last text message received (thats neat).
A list of common commands would be very useful. A guide, such as the one that came out for Samsungs smartphone - Bixby - would help show people what is, and isnt - possible.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Has anyone worked out how to turn the radio volume up or down using voice assistant?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Peter. Did you ever find out about this problem. I have an A250E that I can only speak English to, I would also like to be able to speak Danish to it, and as far as I can read it should be possible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts