Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody got the Drive Kit Plus option as well as the Media Interface in the central armrest ? And if so are they both working independently .... ??

i.e. ipod connected via media interface and iphone connected via drive kit plus?

pulling my hair out! (what there is left of it)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have both unfortunatley they re route the interface into the glove boxSo when you have the iphone connected you cant use your ipod.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, yep I've both too... originally I had the drive kit in the glove box but without the wire bridges in the armrest and they both worked fine except no sound from the drive kit plus... I now have the routing and as you already know can't use both anymore..

Its very frustrating as I can't understand if the aux input is being used for the drive kit plus why media interface is also needed just for audio?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just taken delivery of wife's 180SE, didn't go for drive kit or Becker as we have no need, now I'm wondering what are the benefits in getting the drive kit plus, I can already Bluetooth the iphones songs to the audio and use the telephony, I have an iPod permanently plugged in which shows track names & album artwork, other than the satnav and being able to tweet & view Facebook what advantages are there in paying £700 for drive kit..? I can also play Internet radio via Bluetooth to the audio..? Views please folks..

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you have no need for the Sat nav then a waste of money agreed... the unit is really a more cost effective way of getting the options the full blown comand online offers.. with the navigation the local search using google including stret view is really handy plus the reality view for junctions is very good.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It is a lot of money, especially as you say you don't need sat nav. For me it's great to have one, integrated device that does everything, charge phone, sat nav, poi, Siri ( eventually ). I have even used the car finder when I parked in an unfamiliar city. I know you could just buy a charger, map, usb or iPod. It feels more like command but without the command price tag. I would buy it again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but can you simply plug an iPhone 4S into the USB port and play/navigate album and tracks through the standard stereo? Will it also charge?

Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi reading ths with interest as I've ordered an AMG sport and off to the dealer tommorow to ask some more question on the above .

So I have an iPod for music and iPhone just. For the fone . If I plug the IPOD into the USB will I be able to view tracks and artwork and have full control .

Re the IPHONE will it display the phone directory

Will All of the above work without haveing the media box of tricks fitted ,

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
The iPhone shows all the directory ok connected cable or Bluetooth (I think Bluetooth has better connection for some reason!)
You need media interface to get playlists and artwork

·
Registered
68 Posts
JBraddick said:
The iPhone shows all the directory ok connected cable or Bluetooth (I think Bluetooth has better connection for some reason!)
You need media interface to get playlists and artwork
Thanks for that
Really want artwork etc will hav to have a chat and find out if its a factory or dealer option , I read that it only comes with the 6 disc head unit so factory I would imagine

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think the media interface is only factory fit yes,
I think the drive kit does the same job but I've been quoted £700 fitted!
I think it's £500 for some people on here

·
Registered
68 Posts
£700
That's a lot looks like its the media interface then

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've asked mb Glasgow for a quote for Drive Kit, but if they want £700, I'm sure I'll survive with bluetooth and usb.

Thanks for help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've an iPod plugged in and it displays artwork and track names, the iPhone 4S is connected via Bluetooth and is a fully operational phone with call lists etc.. I cannot see the point in the drive kit plus unless you want the satnav..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Jonnyr said:
I've an iPod plugged in and it displays artwork and track names, the iPhone 4S is connected via Bluetooth and is a fully operational phone with call lists etc.. I cannot see the point in the drive kit plus unless you want the satnav..
Love and desire are emotions that can't be explained. Have the factory fitted Media interface that give you greater control of the ipod from the command console. However I am a geek and could not have a digital feature out there and not had on my car. Got my DKP fitted last week and not worth the 950 I paid to have fitted but couldn't help myself, my car needed it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just got back from MB and have added media interface to my oder but this only come with the 6 disc player .

Not concerned about nav but must have full iPod and artwork

1 - 20 of 26 Posts