Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've read different posts about this ,but I need clarification .

I've asked MB but they would say I need it as its £300 do I really need it .

So ill ask the question and hopefully get the answer I need

On order AMG sport , I want to use iPod just for music and I want art work displayed ,now I'm sure I've read that one of you chaps said he just plug his into USB and it works as I want it to .but I can't remembered if he had the media interface

Hopefully some one can answer this because what's the point otherwise

Thanks in advance

Gary

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Gary, I just tried an ipod connected to the USB input and I get the message USB device unreadable...

I believe if remembering correctly you need to transfer your ipod contents onto a USB stick for it to work.. not sure about the artwork though? ipod connected via media interface does work great with the artwork.. much better than mu audi with MMI interface

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kevybabes said:
Hi Gary,  I just tried an ipod connected to the USB input and I get the message USB device unreadable...

I believe if remembering correctly you need to transfer your ipod contents onto a USB stick for it to work..  not sure about the artwork though?  ipod connected via media interface does work great with the artwork..  much better than mu audi with MMI interface
Oh thanks for trying that , sounds like I do need it then, was thinking of putting the £300 to the pano roof ,
Take it by your reply you have the interface then

·
Registered
377 Posts
yep, it came with the Audio 20 with 6 CD.. plus I have the drive kit plus so use the ipod option on that

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just have the basic audio 20. I have transferred my music from my pc to a usb stick and it works a treat. You can see artwork (if its there) select by artists, albums or random play. I wanted drive kit but my dealer said it wasn't available when i ordered and it was a factory fit option. By the time I found out I could have it I had upgraded my phone to Iphone 5 so no good. I have no ides what extra functions you get with the media interface but there are several other threads on here with information on this subjuct.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Janine said:
I just have the basic audio 20.  I have transferred my music from my pc to a usb stick and it works a treat. You can see artwork (if its there) select by artists, albums or random play.  I wanted drive kit but my dealer said it wasn't available when i ordered and it was a factory fit option.  By the time I found out I could have it I had upgraded my phone to Iphone 5 so no good.  I have no ides what extra functions you get with  the media interface but there are several other threads on here with information on this subjuct.
Thanks for that ,
If I can get all that by transferring to a stick I think I will do that and save move the money to opt for the roof

·
Registered
377 Posts
got to say the roof is a must have... makes loads of difference to the interior plus had it open last couple of days and you do get a lot of light & air

·
Registered
318 Posts
I got a 64gb memory stick for £30 from Amazon. Loads of room on it and it displays everything as Janine said.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'm convinced , media interface canceled pano roof ordered . And music downloaded to memory stick

Thanks for the advice PPl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts