Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mercedes A45 AMG was revealed at a special AMG preview night on the eve of the Geneva Motor Show, celebrating some of the latest additions to the AMG range as well as future ones.

While we already know about the hot A-Class' impressive statistics - faster from 0-62mph than a Porsche 911, four-wheel drive, seven-speed automatic gearbox and 450Nm of torque - this is the first time we've got to see the new car in the metal.

The A45 AMG on show was fitted with the additional aerodynamics package, which includes a larger rear spoiler and a bigger front splitter for an even more aggressive stance than the standard AMG version. Inside, the tighter body-hugging upgraded performance seats were finished with red piping, along with splashes of red around the rest of the cabin and carbon-fibre inserts.

It wasn't all about the performance A-Class, however, as we were also given a sneak peak at the new CLA 45 AMG. The performance version gets carbon-fibre detailing, such as side skirts and wing mirror casing, along with black alloys and black exhausts to help it stand out from the standard car.

In terms of performance, it uses the same 355bhp 2.0-litre turbocharged engine as the A45 AMG. This is driven through the firm's four-wheel-drive system with the same seven-speed automatic gearbox as the A-Class AMG model.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Faster than a Porsche 911 - NICE!!

Not a fan of that spoiler though if i'm honest - although it could just be the camera angle...

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
im not keen on the spoiler either, it looks like the brabus one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Below are some more pictures. Kinda reminds me of my mini cooper works spoiler but more of the GP spoiler.

·
Registered
377 Posts
nice but I'm getting too old for the spoiler bling... wouldn't mind the more understated version

·
Registered
373 Posts
For me the car is stunning in design and just about perfection in performance/specification stats for a car made for real roads and everyday use .... granted i may be biased coming from a history of 2L turbo AWD passion but really, all that combined with Merc/AMG pedigree is just genious. And OK maybe my tolercance to a spoiler is higher than average lol, but im sure given the chance to own one, and actually drive it like its meant to be driven, we'd all very much appreciate that spoiler
.... although yes the colours/graphics/accents might not be to everyones taste

·
Registered
626 Posts
Looks like its been driven sideways through Halfords.

Would be much nicer without the decals and OTT spoiler IMO

·
Registered
39 Posts
Couldn't help but think they intended the red on that spoiler to look straight off the heel of a Louboutin shoe.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Awesome! about time Merc made a small amg and with four wheel drive! I bet it sounds amazing and goes like a missile!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've placed my deposit down for one, am in the queue and now waiting on a
confirmed build-slot.

I was told by my dealer that Germany and other LHD countries will get
theirs from July-Aug and UK will see them in September.

·
Registered
377 Posts
great news... very jealous!! I'm thinking about doing a deal in the summer..

what options did you go for & what comes standard??

·
Registered
67 Posts
There's no news yet on options and what will be standard, even the colours are not locked-in yet (I wonder if the "northern lights violet metallic"as shown on the new CLA will be added in). I'm waiting for an invite from the dealer to pop in to tick the boxes and finalise the deal - Bromley MB reckoned swatches and option packs are expected in UK dealers late April-May
Until then I'll be reading with interest all posts from you early-adopters about the various options you've chosen for help choosing and looking longingly at:
http://www.mercedes-amg.com/webspecial/a45/index_eng.php

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think you need the 19" wheels & the roof minimum, be interested on what comes standard.. the seats look great with the Alcantera - I went for the full leather & love the finish on the dash that comes with that.. the upgraded HK audio is very good (much better than the Bose in my Audi)..

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not a fan of it, looks far too chav-tastic. Yes, it'll be great fun to drive and probably sounds amazing but it just doesn't look like a Mercedes-Benz should look.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's not for me the Edition 1,I prefer themore subtle stylingof the standardA45 and can happily live without the extra 12MPH, stripesor pigeon perch onthe back.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I put down a deposit to be first in the queue at my dealer 3 weeks ago. I emailed him on Friday asking if he'd heard anything yet. He has a course on the 10th April about these cars, and will update me once he returns.
According to some magazines, the A45 will be available to order in April and delivery will be in June / July.

Personally I'll be going for 19's, parking sensors / camera, heated seats, night pack, and possibly the AMG exhaust. I think the Edition 1 looks OTT, and I'm not overly convinced by the rear spoiler. I like it in some photos as I think it finishes the rear of the car off - but I don't like it on the Edition 1 with the red ends. I guess we'll just have to wait and see the price list / standard options!

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very jealous! There is a C-Class AMG near me and its sounds just fantastic. Love it

·
Registered
377 Posts
agree, spoiler looks well naff.. I love the more understated version (no stripes, numbers etc,etc)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I visited 2 more Dealers at the weekend and there is just no news on this car at all and the Dealers know nada about the AMG at all 3 Dealers I have now been to.

Two Dealers did not even have an A Class in thier showrooms !

Two of the three wanted to take a £grand off me so I could get on the queue, but no way I am agreeing to that. I will order when we agree a full deal inc my PX price.

I have 3 Dealers now on stand by to give me info and 3 possible deals so will see who gives the best price to change.

As for the spec, I suspect the options list could cost a fortune with this car, as even the alcantara seats / wheel are optional extras, even dual climate may be an option yet.
Even small things like heated seats and heated windscreen washer jets are extras, which grates tbh.

Even the base price of £36k is still speculation, with 2 Dealers indicating it may now be £38k !

Edited by: Snake Pliskin

1 - 20 of 245 Posts