Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently this is available either via the SOS button or automatically in the event of an accident. As far as I'm aware there is no cost for this.
Does anybody have any knowledge or experience of this? Am I covered for all of Europe? Is there a fee if you use it?
I currently have Green Flag's full European cover. Am I wasting my money here? Should I cancel it? Is Mercedes plan just as good? Perhaps I'm just a bit suspicious but I keep thinking, what's the catch?
Anyway, I'd be interested to know what people think.
Thanks.
Jon

·
Registered
888 Posts
It’s free for three years from registration of the car. cant tell you about European cover though

·
Registered
888 Posts
As long as you abide by warranty terms and conditions you keep your 3 year warranty and as part of that you keep recovery too

·
Registered
186 Posts
This is from my service contract: 'All new UK registered MB cars come with free roadside assistance which is automatically activated/renewed on completion of a service by an MB retailer". It covers accident assistance, minor mishap, vandalism/attempted theft and technical breakdown.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, does seem to be free as long as you keep a service contract. What I really want to know is, is it any good? Has anyone used it? Does it cover Europe?
Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
1. Mercedes Mobilo UK comes with ALL new cars with 3 year cover. 1 year cover with Approved Used M-B cars. No need to have a service contract.

2. Covers UK and Europe, is very comprehensive, covers 3 days hire car if necessary, plus other expenses if eligible (paid for my taxi's etc.)

3. After the 3 years is up - as long as you service your car at a M-B dealership once every 12 months (no need for a service contract) - the Mobilo cover is extended for another 12 months (up to a max of 30 years).

4. In the UK is currently supported by the RAC (used to be the AA several years ago)

5. Plenty of members have used this, see the threads below.

6. Will be worth getting rid of your Green Flag policy - unless it covers you as a passenger in another car, which you would like to keep. Mobilo only covers the Mercedes.

7. Press that SOS button. Anything from a puncture, running out of fuel to breakdown. Don't try limping it to a dealer in the first instance, if they have run out of courtesy cars, you won't get one. Mobilo (M-B Customer Services) have access to the Europcar hire fleet across Europe and will organise one if your car has to go into the dealership.

8. The main negative of this service, is the wait time (hours) for recovery. But it's probably in line with any other provider. Initial response and diagnostics relatively quick, but if the car has to be recovered/transported, you'll have a few hours waiting.

UK & Europe Mobilo:

Previous threads and experiences:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Everything above is correct APART FROMT "PRESS SOS" , the SOS button takes you through to the emergency services (police) it also sends your vehicle location to them.

It's the Mercedes me button (next to the SOS button) that you press for breakdowns.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not wishing to sound old fashioned but is there a telephone number to call should the buttons not be working or you don't have access to them?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
If you have an AMG A35 or A45, you get a different, more exclusive number to call, of course :p

00800 264 77777

1 - 17 of 17 Posts