Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

A bit of a random one, but the "Mercedes-Benz" on the sil of the door has suddenly stopped lighting up when I open the door.

Anybody else encountered this? I haven't messed with the settings but can't believe it will have just stopped working.

Anyone know if you can turn this off/on again to see if that makes any difference?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bloody **** that's the best thing on the car!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, it doesn't work on either of the doors?

I can't tell if it's a fault, or whether I've accidentally turned it off?

·
Registered
147 Posts
The only options, you can change, are the delayed switch-offs for surround and interior lighting. I don't think, they affect the door sill lights. Of course you can try resetting everything to the factory settings through the Settings menu.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Id GUESS its activated by the abmient light level just as all the other interior lights

Does the light under the interior mirror work for instance??

·
Registered
629 Posts
They should be on day or night whenever the door is opened. There is no way to switch on or off via the driver menu as far as I'm aware. Sounds like a faulty door switch - just take it back to MB for them to take a look!

·
Registered
147 Posts
The Swedish Guy said:
Unless you disabled ALL of the interior light with the button "off" in the celing console you have to go to MB and claim warranty
I did some quick testing and this really is the only way to disable/enable the sill light. Otherwise it's broken.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Perhaps check the fuses?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mine just stopped working as well - what was the result with yours ??

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine works ok though I have noticed that after the car has been either washed or driven in the rain, condensation seems to sit on the Mercedes Benz illuminated sill plates for a day or so which seems odd. Not sure if its a design fault with how water disperses around the door seals but it could potentially short out the illuminated sills if its damp & retaining moisture ?

·
Registered
352 Posts
found it - there is a switch it is on the interior roof panel by the light cluster back from the rear view mirror - a cluster of three - you will have depressed the right side(drivers RHD side) switch - it has a little pictogram of the cill area - it isolates the red door light and the cill lights both sides!!!!!! #

LOVELY lit cills again

Edited by: TerryA213

1 - 15 of 15 Posts