Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Avoid Loughton Mercedes, you are a second class citizen here.
I'll start with a dealer that has been messing me about for a month and clearly lying.

The dealer is Loughton Mercedes. They messed us about when I went to look to buy the car, giving us the wrong information. I ended up buying the car from another dealer which is about a 100 miles away. Problem now is car is due service and Loughton are about 7 miles from me and it makes sense to go there for service (especially as the dealers want car in around 8am).
However, Loughton are still on a mission to piss me off.
Booked car with a courtesy car, waited a month (car overdue service a month now).
Called day before and they confirmed courtesy car was waiting.
Arrived next morning, handed in car and told no courtesy car, at which point I took my car back and returned home rebooking for Friday (tomorrow).
Got text this morning saying all booked and courtesy car waiting for me.
Got call this afternoon from Loughton Service saying they can't do the service as they 'have no oil filters, and Mercedes Germany have no stock for THREE WEEKS'!
Hung up, called Loughton Parts, they confirmed ' we have LOADS of oil filters in stock'! I asked him to physically check and he went away and returned to confirm they definitely do have them!
Called Loughton Service back and was told they don't have any oil filters, asked to speak to manager and was told no managers available and one would be emailed and will call me back.

No call back!

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you're in Loughton - try Mercedes Dartford - they've been nothing but helpful for me, I can't fault their team. Might be easier for you to get to from Loughton that the original dealer you used. They are usually extremely busy - possibly indicative that they're one of the better dealers in the area?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had nothing but trouble with them both with sales and service and they are my local dealer as I live about a mile away. Stopped using them for a while and decided to give them another go recently for a service only to find that forgot to do some of the stuff like change spark plugs that was due on a £600+ service. They kept my car for another day and sent me home in a cab. I use Hertfford which is a 20 min drive and purchased my new car from them. Apparently Loughton do have a bad reputation that is known by the other dealers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts