Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just updated the mercedes me app on iOS and i seem to have more settings than I should have!! Anyone else got these? The extra settings are vehicle settings, light settings, route settings and vehicle displays... I’m currently on the IOS 14 beta program... could this be a hint into what’s coming next 👀

They dont actually work when clicking on them, they just say “an error occurred”

6B4E240E-A705-475D-9610-5DA334CFC87D.png

·
Registered
223 Posts
I’ve just updated and also have the new settings, however in my case all the old settings have vanished! The car tab now gives a completely blank screen.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve just updated and also have the new settings, however in my case all the old settings have vanished! The car tab now gives a completely blank screen.
What do you mean all the old settings have disappeared? All mine are still there, restart the app

·
Registered
243 Posts
My app informed me the ignition was on and the doors unlocked when, in fact, they weren't. I unlocked the car and then locked it again and the app is now back to normal. Must be a bug in the system.

·
Super Moderator
2,837 Posts
Also discussed in this thread:

Note information further down the thread about having a profile synced to the car to gain the benefits of all the new features.

·
Registered
223 Posts
What do you mean all the old settings have disappeared? All mine are still there, restart the app
Tried a restart and also uninstalled/reinstalled the app.

Now the Home Screen isn’t giving any settings and the car tab still empty.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also discussed in this thread:

Note information further down the thread about having a profile synced to the car to gain the benefits of all the new features.
I’ve got an account on the car, I’ve had it for a year and had it synced the entire time, I’ve never seen these settings before

·
Registered
A200d Prem+ DAP
164 Posts
I’m currently on the IOS 14 beta program
You should expect to experience anomalies if you’re on the beta program. That’s why it’s a beta program. There should be a way of providing feedback?

it seems to be working OK on v13.6 although a few others are reporting issues, too.

·
Super Moderator
2,837 Posts
I’ve got an account on the car, I’ve had it for a year and had it synced the entire time, I’ve never seen these settings before
I'm on iOS 13.6, have all these features working, and as the other thread shows, these new features appeared 12 days ago on the 2020 App (you can no longer use some of them on the portal).

Have you got an existing subscription to those features (eg vehicle setup)?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm on iOS 13.6, have all these features working, and as the other thread shows, these new features appeared 12 days ago on the 2020 App (you can no longer use some of them on the portal).

Have you got an existing subscription to those features (eg vehicle setup)?
Yeah I have the subscription

·
Registered
993 Posts
Just seems like they’ve moved some of the portal features to the app. mine are all working ok. Thanks for the heads up 🤓🤓

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just seems like they’ve moved some of the portal features to the app. mine are all working ok. Thanks for the heads up 🤓🤓
Mine seem to be working now too after driving the car for a bit... if you get the error messages, go to the car and drive around for a bit or you can go to profiles > general settings and sync the profile data. This then allowed it to work... I think the error is with the app not being able to sync this data without the profile being synced from the car

·
3,284 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
There are a few underlined sections, which is how they always signify changes. I think you can safely ignore them though, since the new version is primarily concerned with data protection, as it always is.

·
Registered
888 Posts
And yesterday I got the Eco app back on the home screen & the CAR screen.

I didn't particularly want this app but it's better than having a blank screen 😂

1 - 20 of 40 Posts