Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
3,312 Posts
I’ve managed to iron out all this eco nonsense with a big fat zero now showing for me.

1A6FD08E-E9AD-4948-8698-E144BCF3003A.png

·
Registered
436 Posts
Steady on, they may well remove your "free" display in the future ;)

Enjoy it while it lasts/while you can :)
In the list of services on the ME Portal it lists Eco Display as "Term unlimited". It has done for over a year.

·
Super Moderator
2,897 Posts
In the list of services on the ME Portal it lists Eco Display as "Term unlimited". It has done for over a year.
Indeed. Doesn’t mean that they are bound to continue offering it to you, for free or otherwise, in the future!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Indeed. Doesn’t mean that they are bound to continue offering it to you, for free or otherwise, in the future!
I rarely use it anyway but surely if it has been "term unlimited" from new, it would be a legal problem for Mercedes if they removed it. It would just take one person who is petty & litigious enough to claim it was the whole reason they bought the car.

·
Super Moderator
2,897 Posts
I’m sure if you trawl through the T&C’s it will say somewhere that M-B reserve the right to withdraw or change the service at anytime in the future (as they have done many times in the past with services, free or otherwise.

For example, we will no longer get SMS or email notifications of geofencing area violations, but we used to get those unlimited in the past as part of that service.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I’m sure if you trawl through the T&C’s it will say somewhere that M-B reserve the right to withdraw or change the service at anytime in the future (as they have done many times in the past with services, free or otherwise.
Yes indeed, providers of goods/services always include such a clause in their T&C's, otherwise they would leave themselves in the ridiculous position of never being able to modify their car specifications without legal challenge.

·
Registered
901 Posts
And today I see they have removed the Service app that wasn't available in the UK 🙄

·
Registered
A200d Prem+ DAP
171 Posts
Parking brake info is still there for me. Small icon towards top of Home Screen and details at bottom of Vehicle Status panel

·
3,312 Posts
The last App update also included Parking Brake info, but that has now mysteriously disappeared
Still there for me too. Just need to scroll down far enough.

·
Registered
A200d Prem+ DAP
171 Posts
How strange.
I’ve done some testing and if I close the app then when I reopen it there is no parking brake icon or anything in the Vehicle Status section.
Wait several seconds and the Vehicle Status section adds in the parking brake line, but still no icon on the Home Screen. Wait another minute and the icon reappears.
This service must be waiting for something from the server
Moral of the story - wait a bit and everything comes back

·
3,312 Posts
I like to check my tyre pressures after a run. But just noticed the units have auto changed to kPa's from psi and it won't let me change them back on the app. Probably just some maintenance going on.

·
3,312 Posts
It had also changed the time format from 24 hrs but balance has now been resorted to the Force as the settings have returned to what they were set to.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts