Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have activated some services through the Mercedes Me portal however some such as "Online Map Update" say they require going to a dealership. Is there any way around going to the dealership or is this mandatory? Also if I go to a dealership how long does it take them to fully activate all services? Thanks

·
Registered
A200 June 2018 FUP3
41 Posts
I have activated some services through the Mercedes Me portal however some such as "Online Map Update" say they require going to a dealership. Is there any way around going to the dealership or is this mandatory? Also if I go to a dealership how long does it take them to fully activate all services? Thanks
In the UK you will need to go to dealership to verify yourself if services weren’t set up from new at the dealership.

When you go in person to dealership just tell them you want to activate Mercedes me. No appointment needed in advance. You need the following information/documentation when you arrive:
1. email address you’ve used to register your Mercedes me account
2. Original V5C to prove ownership of vehicle
3. Your original driving licence or passport/ ID card to prove your ID

Once these have been shown the dealer will activate your account. They gave me a printout to show they had activated the account. It then took 24 hours before all the services became active in my car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In the UK you will need to go to dealership to verify yourself if services weren’t set up from new at the dealership.

When you go in person to dealership just tell them you want to activate Mercedes me. No appointment needed in advance. You need the following information/documentation when you arrive:
1. email address you’ve used to register your Mercedes me account
2. Original V5C to prove ownership of vehicle
3. Your original driving licence or passport/ ID card to prove your ID

Once these have been shown the dealer will activate your account. They gave me a printout to show they had activated the account. It then took 24 hours before all the services became active in my car.
Any idea what happens if it is a lease vehicle.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Any idea what happens if it is a lease vehicle.
Mine is a leased car and my local MB dealer activated it there and then when I went in a couple of days after it was delivered. No questions asked... Just take your driving licence as ID.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Properly clued up dealers, like the one I was fortunate enough to get, will set up your account so your car connects pretty much immediately on delivery, and all that is left for you to do is choose any of the extra services that require purchase.

The advantage of the dealer setting it up is that they can bypass the identity check, since they are selling you the car and know you. It's a two minute job for them and saves you the hassle if you don't possess one of the verifiable identity services such as Experian.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a leased company car and the garage asked for a letter from the lease company to prove I was the legal driver, along with my driving licence and passport as ID. Lease co would not give copy of reg docs as they remain the legal owner.
I had tried the online passport video call to German office first, but it did not trigger correctly the Merc Me app. I had some German guy shouting instructions at me, his mic wasn't working, I had to scribble a note on a piece of paper and shove it in front of my PC camera.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Properly clued up dealers, like the one I was fortunate enough to get, will set up your account so your car connects pretty much immediately on delivery, and all that is left for you to do is choose any of the extra services that require purchase.

The advantage of the dealer setting it up is that they can bypass the identity check, since they are selling you the car and know you. It's a two minute job for them and saves you the hassle if you don't possess one of the verifiable identity services such as Experian.
Mine did that a couple of days before collection, just added Setup and Monitoring before collection day :angel::angel:

·
Registered
24 Posts

Could you please tell me who the dealer is.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I popped in and they did it in a dealership for me, took two minutes with no ID ect.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was reading in many places that you need to wait 24hours.

In my case, I called the dealer (she knew my number/my name, she knew who I was, so no ID check, she had that info anyway) and she gave me complete rights on the car.

I think I had to log in on computer browser, accept their terms and policy and after that all services were available to me right away.

So no 24hours in my case, like instantly was for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
MB Sheffield did it for me.
Received a couple of emails about my account registration the morning I was due to collect the car.
On handover was told to confirm the account via the emails as soon as possible and that was it sorted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you need to wait 24 for the activation or Can you do things in the mobile the moment the dealer is giving you the data?

thanks
Only after you pay X amount to have the features.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts