Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the dealers after being told it will be a 5 minute process to active mercedes me and waited 2 hours and 20 minutes for this actives (Would not recommend Birmingham Central). As i’m a younger than most people I was just looked down upon by staff who didn’t attend to me and went to people who looked richer and was never offered any sort of drink as everyone around me was. Rant over but the lady seemingly activated my account and said drive the car for a bit and it should activate soon. 7 hours later it doesn’t look like anything had been done and it’s tell me to go to the dealer to active.

I really don’t want to go back to the dealer as the only way they seen to me last time was when I said i’ll file a complaint.

So does anyone know a work around it activate this myself?

·
Registered
405 Posts
You can activate it yourself through Mercedes support. If you do it this way though, you will have to prove ID - for obvious reasons. That is why it is so much easier for the dealer to do it for you, given that they know you. It is a very quick process, and the more aware dealers have it done when you collect the car.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can activate it yourself through Mercedes support. If you do it this way though, you will have to prove ID - for obvious reasons. That is why it is so much easier for the dealer to do it for you, given that they know you. It is a very quick process, and the more aware dealers have it done when you collect the car.
So I brought the car via a company who got the car from Mercedes Brighton which is about 200 miles away from me, so I can’t really go there. I will probably try Mercedes support tomorrow because my local dealer is awful.

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
If they have activated it, I would wait a day or two to see if anything changes?
I emailed Mercedes me about the issues I have yesterday and am waiting a response.

·
Registered
373 Posts
My dealer activated it on the day of hand over & it was working immediately.
Mercedes Benz Newcastle could not have been nicer. I even roped the receptionists into helping me choose the colour of my car.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mercedes Benz Newcastle could not have been nicer. I even roped the receptionists into helping me choose the colour of my car.
Wow that must have been nice Birmingham Central didn’t even want to know me because i’m not buying a car.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just ring MB Brighton. My car from MB Perth in Scotland and I live in Wakefield. They asked me to fill in form with my details etc and email them. I also rang them on the day of delivery and they activated there and then.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Must be a North East thing because MB Sunderland were great too. Was all sorted prior to collection ;);)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just ring MB Brighton. My car from MB Perth in Scotland and I live in Wakefield. They asked me to fill in form with my details etc and email them. I also rang them on the day of delivery and they activated there and then.
Not sure why this thought hasn’t crossed my mind already. Thanks i’ll do this

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Must be a North East thing because MB Sunderland were great too. Was all sorted prior to collection ;);)
Yep just went to my 2nd Mercedes dealer in birmingham who said on the phone come down we are open to 6pm, you don’t need an appointment as it’s a 5 min process. When I actually got there, we close at 2pm today which was about in 20 mins and it’s a hour process so come back another day. Honestly i’m sick of how bad Mercedes Dealers services are. I might just called Mercedes Sunderland and ask if they can do it for me because the Birmingham dealers are shocking and i’m getting nowhere and iv paid got multiple of these services for a year and have now lost a week due to mercedes customer service.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yep just went to my 2nd Mercedes dealer in birmingham who said on the phone come down we are open to 6pm, you don’t need an appointment as it’s a 5 min process. When I actually got there, we close at 2pm today which was about in 20 mins and it’s a hour process so come back another day. Honestly i’m sick of how bad Mercedes Dealers services are. I might just called Mercedes Sunderland and ask if they can do it for me because the Birmingham dealers are shocking and i’m getting nowhere and iv paid got multiple of these services for a year and have now lost a week due to mercedes customer service.
It's not looking so "grim up North" anymore :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts