Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this issue since morning. Mercedes me app is not updating any status including trip, mileage, lock, unlock, etc. The vehicle status still says 'updated 18 hours ago and not including any of my trips this morning.

However I am able to open the door, windows, etc remotely using mercedes me app.

Anyone facing same issue?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just checked mine and MM 2020 App says 'last update 1 day ago' which is unusual. It's not the most robust App, so likely temporary.

·
Registered
497 Posts
It's a really poorly implemented app and has been all over the place since launch in 2018. It changes the map version I have installed every couple of days. It shows why MB should stick to making cars and leave Tesla to do the leading edge systems work.

·
Registered
2018 A200 AMG Line Executive pack
126 Posts
It's a very frustrating app to say the least. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Mine doesn't register any travel unless I'm out for at least 20 minutes - and then not everything works.
IMO it's not worth me paying for another year until they sort out the communication from phone/laptop etc to car. It needs a very strong signal to do most things.

·
Administrator
5,237 Posts
Just tried it.
App wanted me to accept new T&C's, which I did
Then it froze/crashed.
Shut down app, restarted OK.
Checked link to car by opening sunroof and flashing lights
Lights switched on, sunroof opened, and received SMS and email to say Sunroof was open by App.
Now reports "Updated 2 minutes ago"

I'd try shutting down the app completely and trying again in a couple of hours!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Android app still doesn't provide the latest status. I closed the app, logged out and logged in again. Still says 'updated 1 day ago'.

It didn't offer any terms and conditions to accept either

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
I posted about this a few days ago elsewhere. I think my update must have happened at the weekend and I had to reactivate everything again and as @veeeight has posted accept new T&Cs. The app had stopped working properly for a day or so before requiring reactivation. So my guess is if you are experiencing problems today it will probably be ready to reactivate tomorrow at the latest.

·
Registered
2020 A200 AMG line premium plus with DAP
193 Posts
I vaguely remember from a couple of months ago when I first set up the car, I had to accept the T&C in my PC's web browser screen, not the phone app.

·
Registered
289 Posts
This morning MM 2020 App stated 'last update 2 days ago'. FYI, I haven't used the car for 2 days. Unlocked and relocked remotely with App and that changed message to 'last updated recently' or something like it. Seems weird that it needed a nudge, I would have thought it carried out regular check ins? I think it used to but never paid it too much attention to be fair.

·
Administrator
5,237 Posts
No, if your ignition hasn't been on, it won't update - no reason to.
(Caveat - it may after a prolonged time, but I've not left the car longer than a few days before)

If one of the car alarms is triggered, or there is a change, then of course it will update.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It started working for me again at 4PM this afternoon. I have been using the car regularly over last 2 days but M Me status changed from 'updated 2 days ago' to 'updated 56 minutes ago' and i can see my latest mileage, etc on the app finally. I don't know what was wrong the past 2 days, features like 'unlock door', etc worked but the status of the car wouldn't update including mileage, tyre pressure, range, etc.

Now its all sorted.

·
Registered
289 Posts
After opening the car to get out a pair of boots and then locking again, I received a Mercedes Me message advising that the car was unlocked. I was still near the car and could see that it was locked - tried to open by hand and also the mirrors were folded in. A few hours later inside the home, I checked the status on the MM app and it still said it was unlocked. Out of interest and thinking status info would sync itself, I locked it again from the app. After 10 minutes of attempting to send the request to the car it failed stating ‘maybe due to a poor network connection’. The car is parked in its regular spot where there is excellent signal. All a bit mysterious and unimpressive as a representation of cutting edge car technology, don’t you think.

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Did this happen over the weekend. It seems a regular time for the app not to work fully.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Did this happen over the weekend. It seems a regular time for the app not to work fully.
Yes, it was today. Still saying unlocked on app even though I know it’s locked. Seems little point in ever advising you that it’s unlocked if it can’t tell when you’ve locked it. I know MM has always been a bit flaky, but this makes the system seem like a bit of a joke.

·
Administrator
5,237 Posts
What is the Vodafone reception like right now where the car is? A cell tower could have gone down.

MMe is working fine for me right now, you could press the Me button in the car to see if it’s a problem with your account?

·
Registered
289 Posts
What is the Vodafone reception like right now where the car is? A cell tower could have gone down.

MMe is working fine for me right now, you could press the Me button in the car to see if it’s a problem with your account?
Surely if it can tell me it’s unlocked then it must be able to register the locking a few minutes later? Unless it was a sudden tower outage. I’m sure once the ignition has been turned on again it will all resolve itself, just a another of those once in a while blips that detract from the fun of ownership.

·
Registered
A180 AMG Line Premium Plus Auto with Distronic (the one bit I wanted!)
168 Posts
For the last two days my Mecedes Me won't talk to my car, blaming "weak internet"!. I have very strong wifi at home and depsite trying the app on both iphone and Ipad it still won't connect. My car is still "parked" 200 miles away where it was on Monday. It isn't even telling me by txt or in the app that the car is unlocked. Any ideas or is this another electronic MB glitch. It has been working for 18months.

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
For the last two days my Mecedes Me won't talk to my car, blaming "weak internet"!. I have very strong wifi at home and depsite trying the app on both iphone and Ipad it still won't connect. My car is still "parked" 200 miles away where it was on Monday. It isn't even telling me by txt or in the app that the car is unlocked. Any ideas or is this another electronic MB glitch. It has been working for 18months.
I just checked mine and it's working as it should be.

Two points. Have you the latest IOS, which is now 15 and second if you are upto date with the operating system I would delete and reload the the app. Something I had to do when I first got my car.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts