Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Been following quietly for last few weeks and finally getting my new A class Premium In Black (I know, nightmare to keep clean but with the tinted windows I think looks smart!) Anyway, reading through the forum and some older posts Im getting confused with the Me App. My understanding was this came as standard for free for 3 years, including traffic, maps etc, although it seems from reading the forum thats not the case? Anyone recently had delivered a new premium model, what did you get? Android auto comes as standard so i imagine i'd mostly use that for maps and stuff as needed, so wouldnt pay extra.

Its all very confusing, seems straight forward in the brocher and online, then once you've signed on the dotted line, things start to unravil! Just hope its worth it!

Cheers all

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Been following quietly for last few weeks and finally getting my new A class Premium In Black (I know, nightmare to keep clean but with the tinted windows I think looks smart!) Anyway, reading through the forum and some older posts Im getting confused with the Me App. My understanding was this came as standard for free for 3 years, including traffic, maps etc, although it seems from reading the forum thats not the case? Anyone recently had delivered a new premium model, what did you get? Android auto comes as standard so i imagine i'd mostly use that for maps and stuff as needed, so wouldnt pay extra.

Its all very confusing, seems straight forward in the brocher and online, then once you've signed on the dotted line, things start to unravil! Just hope its worth it!

Cheers all
Received my Premium Plus in May and it came with everything on Mercedes Me minus the weather/petrol station package which I had to pay for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Received my Premium Plus in May and it came with everything on Mercedes Me minus the weather/petrol station package which I had to pay for.
Cheers JACOBGA,

Still enjoying it, no regreats? Im in that period of whether i've made the right decision.. its a bit of a treat and so im sure when it cones my worries will be forgotten!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’d ordered a tiguan before lock down and ended up cancelling and ordered a brand new in stock a class. From the moment I picked it up I was over the moon with it and had no regrets at all. I liked the tiguan but the tech in the a class is awesome, especially on the spec I chose.
My only issue with the car is the fact it’s so low down so I have to drive really slow along the drive to my house as it’s a dirt track. It would be nice to see speed camera alerts on the nav and maybe features like what Waze has where you can report the police being at the side of the road.
I had the same worries, especially as prior to lockdown I was so fixed on getting the tiguan, but once you sit in the car and see those nice big screens it makes it worth it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't think this is true though as I've had 2 A classes now and although my latest was a pre reg, my W167 was a brand new company car and i was the first person to register for the services, most of which are paid for. Whether choosing the premium plus makes a difference or not i don't know but I've got a premium and as with my last A class, I've had to pay for the Vehicle Monitoring package and the vehicle setup pack, £30 a year each, i didn't bother with the navigation services because i wasn't paying £50 a year to be able to see the weather and parking spaces.

The car does come with a few free services for the first 3 years, things like live traffic and map updates.

·
Registered
A200d Prem+ DAP
71 Posts
Mine’s the same although I haven’t taken up the weather/petrol station package

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have also been a lurker in here for a while. But today I have finally taken delivery of my brand new A180se. I’m chuffed to bits with it to be honest. And even more so with the fact the Vehicle setup and Vehicle monitoring appears to be free for 3 years. I was expecting to have to pay for the privilege. I can confirm I’ve not paid a penny for them and they appear to be working fine 🙂

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I still just keep getting alerts on MMe since yesterday saying ignition on then the next few seconds it's off, several times and the only thing that stops it is if I go to the garage and unlock and then lock the car. I really don't want the hassle of deleting and reinstalling the app. I will mention it to the MB garage when I take it in for the slow start/stop problem and the software updates later today.

Reactions: Monkeyboysteve

·
Super Moderator
1,521 Posts
I still just keep getting alerts on MMe since yesterday saying ignition on then the next few seconds it's off, several times and the only thing that stops it is if I go to the garage and unlock and then lock the car. I really don't want the hassle of deleting and reinstalling the app. I will mention it to the MB garage when I take it in for the slow start/stop problem and the software updates later today.
put Valet Protect on before you go in. I found it funny with the alerts i was getting with ignition turned on or bonnet open and stuff. At least you know there doing something on the car and when. My alerts were going on right up till 10 at night.

·
Super Moderator
1,521 Posts
Another update just came in already. Maybe addressing the vanishing new features.
9D260F27-4213-4F1D-A505-915FD196491A.png

·
Registered
202 Posts
Another update just came in already. Maybe addressing the vanishing new features.
View attachment 6112
After the latest update new features introduced in previous update disappeared for me.
But i am now able to delete collision alert which i initiated by shaking the car to check if this feature works 5 months ago lol.

·
Registered
62 Posts
put Valet Protect on before you go in. I found it funny with the alerts i was getting with ignition turned on or bonnet open and stuff. At least you know there doing something on the car and when. My alerts were going on right up till 10 at night.
I did the same thing. After they rang me at 5pm to say that they still had to do some further diagnostics on the car, so it wouldn't be finished until the following day, I noticed that the car hadn't been started since 10am, and was still parked in their car park. The following day the engine was on and off all day.

·
Super Moderator
1,521 Posts
I did the same thing. After they rang me at 5pm to say that they still had to do some further diagnostics on the car, so it wouldn't be finished until the following day, I noticed that the car hadn't been started since 10am, and was still parked in their car park. The following day the engine was on and off all day.
love it 👍 its nice to be able to keep check on them. I also set my speed alert knowing they would use any excuse to take it for a “test drive”

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Yes I have the valet protect on. Currently front left window open. I was tempted to blink the flashers o_O

1 - 20 of 38 Posts