Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2020 A250 4MATIC AMG LINE
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've been lurking here for a while and had my 2020 sedan for a few weeks now. My car has been optioned with all the packages and I have every me connect service possible active. I am in Australia.

Couple of questions re MBUX/internet/Mercedes me:
  1. I can receive and send texts but I can't send a text by voice, only by preset words in the menu, how to solve this?
  2. I am unsuccessful in asking the AI to tell me the weather, tell me a joke etc, how to solve this?
  3. The internet browser doesn't load anything, all I've managed to get on the screen is a Vodafone refresh page, how to solve this?
  4. The small icons on the main screen up the top - 4G, me, SOS etc are in grey and not white like the reception level and time, is this normal?
Any help or assistance would be great. I've tried to search on the forums, Google and YouTube to no avail.

Cheers!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi guys,

I've been lurking here for a while and had my 2020 sedan for a few weeks now. My car has been optioned with all the packages and I have every me connect service possible active. I am in Australia.

1. I can receive and send texts but I can't send a text by voice, only by preset words in the menu, how to solve this?
  2. I am unsuccessful in asking the AI to tell me the weather, tell me a joke etc, how to solve this?
  3. The internet browser doesn't load anything, all I've managed to get on the screen is a Vodafone refresh page, how to solve this?
  4. The small icons on the main screen up the top - 4G, me, SOS etc are in grey and not white like the reception level and time, is this normal?
Any help or assistance would be great. I've tried to search on the forums, Google and YouTube to no avail.

Cheers!
Have you brought any data for the car yet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you brought any data for the car yet?
No, but I was thinking I need to, however the dealer hasn't explained this to me and thought this would've been mentioned upon picking up the car.

If that is that case I need data, will that solve my first 3 points?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can get 1 and 2 with no data package
When I try the text function from memory it says “please check Mercedes me settings” and asking for the weather or a joke she says “sorry say that again”.
I feel like throughout trying out different things it’s also asked me to check internet settings.
I can’t even get it to “take me to McDonald’s”.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm in Australia too, sadly Mercedes Me Connect is still very limited in here is Aus. I brought it up the same issues you have raised with my dealer in Perth a couple of weeks ago, to which they replied "those internet connected functions are reserved for the higher models such as the E class". I think they just don't know. I can however still access the manual weather app, along with hotels and food. Maybe Mercedes Aus will launch a paid data package then these will work, but won't hold my breath.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in Australia too, sadly Mercedes Me Connect is still very limited in here is Aus. I brought it up the same issues you have raised with my dealer in Perth a couple of weeks ago, to which they replied "those internet connected functions are reserved for the higher models such as the E class". I think they just don't know. I can however still access the manual weather app, along with hotels and food. Maybe Mercedes Aus will launch a paid data package then these will work, but won't hold my breath.
Hi Noel,

Thanks for your reply. I find it strange the system can successfully send a preset text message but won’t let me dictate by voice. It seems the functionality is there?

If those features are reserved for the E Class then why can other A Class owners do this and it’s even in our manual?

If I select a cafe or hotel it won’t take me to the website. Does that work for you or only dialling the number?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

Cheers!
Hi Missbo,

I'm having the same issues, also having bought a fully spec option A250 4M AMG line.

I have raised these concerns with the dealer feeling like I have been misled and deceived during the purchase discussions where the "smarts" and MBUX was hyped up with features such as those you have listed. (I was actually told all about the amazing augmented reality at one dealer, but this wasnt the one i finally purchased from). Items verbally told, but also clearly listed in the brochures. It was this hype and the described features of MBUX that made me choose MB over the hybrid Lexus.

I'm not getting very far, the dealer has asked for it back again to check the vpn settings. I really don't think both the sales and service know much as each time they have looked at it they tell me it's all fixed - only for me to show them it's not. Initially I couldn't access anything in the MB Apps section - MMe, cafe, weather etc. Fuel prices weren't showing and voice commands for the likes of the heated seats didn't work etc. The service centre couldn't get this working either - it took me at home deactivating all the services and doing a reset of the MBUX. I'm still not about to send sms, ask the weather ... or any real smarts ...

Don't get me started on the AU version verse other countries!

I waited 8 months for my vehicle (due to the snail drama) and got a new Feb build delivered a few weeks ago. To say I'm angry and extremely disappointed is an understatement. This 70k vehicle I received is far from what if was sold and marketed. It's a nice looking car, but i paid for the tech and want what I paid for. I've told the dealer it the VPN doesn't resolve the issue I'll be seeking a refund and will get the hybrid Lexus I was originally looking at.

Eagerly watching how you and others get on.

Tim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Missbo,

I'm having the same issues, also having bought a fully spec option A250 4M AMG line.

I have raised these concerns with the dealer feeling like I have been misled and deceived during the purchase discussions where the "smarts" and MBUX was hyped up with features such as those you have listed. (I was actually told all about the amazing augmented reality at one dealer, but this want the one i purchased from). Items verbally told, but also clearly listed in the brochures. It was this hype and the described features of MBUX that made me choose MB over the hybrid Lexus.

I'm not getting very far, the dealer has asked for it back again to check the vpn settings. I really don't think both the sales and service know much as each time they have looked at it they tell me it's all fixed - only for me to show them it's not. Initially I couldn't access anything in the MB Apps section - MMe, cafe, weather etc. Fuel prices weren't showing and voice commands for the likes of the heated seats didn't work etc. The service centre couldn't get this working either - it took me deactivating the services and doing a tester of the MBUX. I'm still not about to send sms, ask the weather ... or any real smarts ...

Don't get me started on the AU version verse other countries!

I waited 8 months for my vehicle (due to the snail drama) and got a new Feb build delivered a few weeks ago. To say I'm angry and extremely disappointed is an understatement. This 70k vehicle I received is far from what if was sold and marketed. It's a nice looking car, but i paid for the tech and want what I paid for. I've told the dealer it the VPN doesn't resolve the issue I'll be seeking a refund and will get the hybrid Lexus I was originally looking at.

Eagerly watching how you and others get on.

Tim
Hi Tim,

I just logged on to my portal and everything available is connected. Even the things that say I should be able do like ask for a point of interest. I can’t even get my Google Home to find Mercedes me when I try to pair it.
Frustrating and I will be asking my dealer tomorrow.

Hopefully other Aussies can shed some light?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi mate, I own a 2020 A45S which cost me $110k and none of the internet based features works on my car. I contacted the dealer first but they're clueless in the beginning after digging into Mercedes Me dealership portal they found out certain services cannot be activated in their system. Services like internet radio, internet in car, voice recognition web search etc and no jokes either. I have sent several emails to MB Australia but only to learn they are absolutely hopeless. I finally got in touch with Mercedes Me technical team in Germany but I was told at the end that 'all MM services are activated on my vehicle but internet based services are disabled'. EU cars have inbuilt SIM system so they can access the features through the Vodafone network but on our cars SIM system is disabled. I'm sure this has something to do with MB Australia but I'm yet to receive a piece of accurate information from MB Australia.

In saying that, Voice search should work fine with anything offline, for instance, asking for Mcdonald nearby it should bring up the list, I have only tested that once but if I ask for a Chinese restaurant MBUX will ask me how can I help you? Fuel prices are available in my car and also live traffic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi mate, I own a 2020 A45S which cost me $110k and none of the internet based features works on my car. I contacted the dealer first but they're clueless in the beginning after digging into Mercedes Me dealership portal they found out certain services cannot be activated in their system. Services like internet radio, internet in car, voice recognition web search etc and no jokes either. I have sent several emails to MB Australia but only to learn they are absolutely hopeless. I finally got in touch with Mercedes Me technical team in Germany but I was told at the end that 'all MM services are activated on my vehicle but internet based services are disabled'. EU cars have inbuilt SIM system so they can access the features through the Vodafone network but on our cars SIM system is disabled. I'm sure this has something to do with MB Australia but I'm yet to receive a piece of accurate information from MB Australia.

In saying that, Voice search should work fine with anything offline, for instance, asking for Mcdonald nearby it should bring up the list, I have only tested that once but if I ask for a Chinese restaurant MBUX will ask me how can I help you? Fuel prices are available in my car and also live traffic.
Please let me know how you get on. If we have the sim how hard is it to activate it like other countries? I’m more than happy to pay for data I just want full functionality.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Noel,

Thanks for your reply. I find it strange the system can successfully send a preset text message but won’t let me dictate by voice. It seems the functionality is there?

If those features are reserved for the E Class then why can other A Class owners do this and it’s even in our manual?

If I select a cafe or hotel it won’t take me to the website. Does that work for you or only dialling the number?
Hi Missbo,

Sorry for late reply, yes my 'Hungry' and 'Hotels' apps work fine, showing places around you. It's very strange they can access the internet but Voice control messages and weather etc. can't.

Thanks AMGA45JT for the email address, I've emailed them now too with the issues. But not expecting much success, even with the automated Covid-19 'delayed reply' response!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Missbo,

Sorry for late reply, yes my 'Hungry' and 'Hotels' apps work fine, showing places around you. It's very strange they can access the internet but Voice control messages and weather etc. can't.

Thanks AMGA45JT for the email address, I've emailed them now too with the issues. But not expecting much success, even with the automated Covid-19 'delayed reply' response!
Hey Noel,
When you select the hotel etc does it let you go to the browser?

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are VPN settings that are used to control the data content. These are being looked at for my car to see if they are correct. But I suspect we will find them correct and simply MB Australia blocking access these features.

Per my original rant - I suspect we've been marketed and sold features that have been cut for the Australian market in the delivered product - cutting costs? Pushing other higher models? I think any argument will push to them to claim the fine print in brochures and online along the lines "overseas model shown".

But we can't be complacent and push our dissatisfaction to maybe get a revolt.

For the cafe, hotels - I get a popup with list and a setting to sort. Not a browser. Are you on the latest MBUX version FU2 I think it's called.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There are VPN settings that are used to control the data content. These are being looked at for my car to see if they are correct. But I suspect we will find them correct and simply MB Australia blocking access these features.

Per my original rant - I suspect we've been marketed and sold features that have been cut for the Australian market in the delivered product - cutting costs? Pushing other higher models? I think any argument will push to them to claim the fine print in brochures and online along the lines "overseas model shown".

But we can't be complacent and push our dissatisfaction to maybe get a revolt.

For the cafe, hotels - I get a popup with list and a setting to sort. Not a browser. Are you on the latest MBUX version FU2 I think it's called.
When I select a hotel or cafe it has an option to go to the URL and that’s when the browser opens and can’t be loaded.
I would say I have the latest MBUX as my car was built and delivered in May.
I am still baffled by the fact the system can send a text message but not via voice control.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I select a hotel or cafe it has an option to go to the URL and that’s when the browser opens and can’t be loaded.
I would say I have the latest MBUX as my car was built and delivered in May.
I am still baffled by the fact the system can send a text message but not via voice control.
Yes me too, the hotels and cafe apps just show a list with pictures and Yelp stars within themselves.

It's worth looking at 'System Info' in settings to check you have the FUP2/063 - if your can't see System Info it the old one. I had to ask my dealer to check is there was an update (even though they laughed that said to wasn't one, I had that last laugh that day).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes me too, the hotels and cafe apps just show a list with pictures and Yelp stars within themselves.

It's worth looking at 'System Info' in settings to check you have the FUP2/063 - if your can't see System Info it the old one. I had to ask my dealer to check is there was an update (even though they laughed that said to wasn't one, I had that last laugh that day).
Hey Noel,
I have the system as you stated. Is that the latest one? I noticed “wifi ssid” is blank.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts