Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ..

I have bought a USB-C memory stick from Amazon however it is not reading in my car. It works fine in a Mercedes C class.

I have also tried a normal USB which seems to work when I use an adapter which is rather odd

Any suggestion??

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would try forcing a format of that stick - a full format - into FAT32 and see if that fixes it.
If it's bigger than 32Gb or so, you can find some free formatting tools on the 'net that will cope with bigger stuff.

FAT32format from Softonic is one I use.

Don't format it in Windows 10 as exFAT or something - try FAT32 first :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would try forcing a format of that stick - a full format - into FAT32 and see if that fixes it.
If it's bigger than 32Gb or so, you can find some free formatting tools on the 'net that will cope with bigger stuff.

FAT32format from Softonic is one I use.

Don't format it in Windows 10 as exFAT or something - try FAT32 first :)
I formatted my stick on Win 10 with no issues.
These are what I use -

USB Stick

Bendy Adaptor

I use the adaptor with the short wire because I have it plugged in inside the centre armrest & having it on a wire makes it less fragile than using the Mercedes adaptor. The Amazon adaptor I use is great because the wire is quite stiff & can be molded somewhat.

·
Registered
646 Posts
The only USB-C socket that seems to read my iPhone is the one in the storage compartment under the heater controls. Neither of the 2 USB-C ports under the centre armrest read the phone, they only charge it. Is this the same for you guys? It appears from your earlier post that you are able to read a USB drive from one of these ports, so I’m wondering it there is a fault with my car

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed it to a fat32 and still didn't work however did work in my mates c class after doing so.

I have bought a new USB which seems to of worked.

·
Registered
646 Posts
No both ports in my car able me to charge my phone perfectly fine
I think you misunderstood me. Both ports under armrest charge my phone just fine, but they don't seem to transmit/received data, i.e. for Apple Carplay

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think you misunderstood me. Both ports under armrest charge my phone just fine, but they don't seem to transmit/received data, i.e. for Apple Carplay
The front port (by the QI charger) is the only one capable of Android Auto or Apple Carplay.
The others will all charge, and quickly.
USB-C is generally able to feed 3 amps or so

All ports can attach a USB stick with some music or video on and read them.

·
Registered
646 Posts
The front port (by the QI charger) is the only one capable of Android Auto or Apple Carplay.
The others will all charge, and quickly.
USB-C is generally able to feed 3 amps or so

All ports can attach a USB stick with some music or video on and read them.
Ah right, thank you for confirming, that explains the behavior in my car perfectly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts