Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When at 100% charged, my battery range says 32 miles. I thought i read somewhere that it was up to 42 miles? Anyone have anything different than 32?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you turn things like air con off? I know people have been achieving over 40 miles on one charge but this does depend on how you drive as well as what else is using power.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When at 100% charged, my battery range says 32 miles. I thought i read somewhere that it was up to 42 miles? Anyone have anything different than 32?
Tonde1 on YouTube made a lot of videos about he's a250e. He has 2 videos about the range of the car. Even one where he is towing a certain amount of weight behind the car.

I think the range depends on your drive style and things like airco etc.

·
Registered
A250e
36 Posts
Yeah it's very dependent on your driving style and what you have switched on. My wife's journey home from work yesterday took her from 100% to 51% - this is a 30 mile trip but was in Comfort mode.

On the charging page, it said 55 Mile electric range the other day which surprised me.

I think best way to monitor general efficiency is under the Trip Computer (in app) - my wife does 60 miles per day for work commute.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was just looking on the Mercedes me app, maybe it will change in time View attachment 5936
just joined this forum and going through some posts I noticed you also have a class a250e, so I thought I could pick your brains as I cannot find the answer anywhere. I saw you post something similar

When I charge my car it gives you a time when charge will be at 100% and the max miles. I was always led to believe the max miles should be 44, but when ever I charge it, it can flutiate from 34-38, and sometimes even changes when I'm charging!! Is this normal, is your max miles not always at 44miles either when you charge yours?

·
Registered
A250e
36 Posts
Agreed, I think the range shown is a predicted number based on analysis of your driving behaviour. The guy in this video illustrates this point -

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you very much. The amount of time I have spent trying to find the answer, I thot that may have been why. I'm at 34 today. If you don't min me asking what mode so you normal drive in? I'm usually comfort or electric.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use comfort the most because it optimise the journey if you also use the sat nav. It also optimises the harvesting and uses the distance monitor to know when to coast up to a car in front and applies more harvesting to maintain a safe distance. I use electric mode if I am going a short trip out and back again, and can top up the car when I get home. I also use this mode if there is going to be traffic or a need to jump out of a junction quickly as you're guaranteed to get the torque from the motor rather than having the engine kick in if you push the accelerator hard.

When I get the chance I do like sport mode though. Used it this morning and really like the constantly available torque that the electric motor gives in between the engine's torque gaps. Drains the battery and the petrol though so I only use it when both have a fair bit in reserve.

For the range comparison, since new in March my average electric consumption is 6.3mpkWh over 1880 miles, with my morning 45 minute drive of 25 miles from the countryside into a city (Cambridge) was 8.1mphWh

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you turn things like air con off? I know people have been achieving over 40 miles on one charge but this does depend on how you drive as well as what else is using power.
Had my a250e now for 3 weeks and am seeing a max Battery range of only 35-37 miles on a home 3pin charge (5hrs). Why do I read in all the reviews,including Mercedes, a top range of “up to”44. I would expect to see something near 44, at least not less than 40, that’s 10-20% down. I know style of driving effects the range but surely I should be seeing 40-44 on 100% charge Before my foot touches accelerator pedal.

·
Registered
A250e
36 Posts
Check the video in my post (#8) above. What you see on screen is average range based on your driving habits.

If in doubt, do a test drive route, without AC on and driving "conservatively".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check the video in my post (#8) above. What you see on screen is average range based on your driving habits.

If in doubt, do a test drive route, without AC on and driving "conservatively".
Regardless of average range and habits, surely I should see a higher figure then 35-37. at the moment I have been driving with only the radio on, driving very conservatively ie. reading the road ahead as regards traffic movement and lights. I believe I should see at least 40-44 range on a full charge and then style of drive/road condition etc reflect the actual total mileage reading. When I travel to work (early hours in mornings) I encounter hardly any traffic Hardly using any breaking! i don’t understand why on a full charge I am not seeing a higher range then what I am.

·
Registered
A250e
36 Posts
Regardless of average range and habits, surely I should see a higher figure then 35-37. at the moment I have been driving with only the radio on, driving very conservatively ie. reading the road ahead as regards traffic movement and lights. I believe I should see at least 40-44 range on a full charge and then style of drive/road condition etc reflect the actual total mileage reading. When I travel to work (early hours in mornings) I encounter hardly any traffic Hardly using any breaking! i don’t understand why on a full charge I am not seeing a higher range then what I am.
I mean, if you are this unhappy about it, then get your local dealer to have a look at it.....🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
333 Posts
I get over 40 with mine, typically the 41-43 range and have broken 44 a few times. In the right conditions & road types, I think 50 miles could be possible. Make as much use of the regen as possible, coast (D+) upto junctions prior to using full regen (D--) to slow you down.
Also depends on the road types, travelling over 65mph will see you struggle to get much more than 35-37 miles which is just down to aero resistance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I mean, if you are this unhappy about it, then get your local dealer to have a look at it.....🤷‍♀️
Did do for a complimentary health check......response was “keep an eye on it”. Maybe the $2.2million emissions fine in the USA reflects on the way mercedes view there customers!!!! Had the C class when the fiasco with dodgy injectors saw drivers up in arms, mine where replaced after being told your car’s OK. This is my 4th Merc, the only one I’ve felt unhappy with.

·
Registered
2020 A250e AMG Prem+ Metallic Mountain Grey
10 Posts
I do a commute into central London from Kent round trip is about 42-43 miles on a mixture of 70,50 30 & 20 mph roads traffic conditions tend to be light to medium at the times I travel. 95% of the time I use electric power only. Once you get a feel for the regen and you adapt to 'new' ways of driving there's no reason not to get 40 miles plus.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all, I took delivery of my A250e yesterday, having taken it out a few times at a steady pace and I seem to be getting a charging status of about 30 - 32 miles.

Any tips on driving mode or styles to get closer to the expected 40 miles?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Best I have had is 37 miles 1 month in, I believe the mileage given is based on your historic driving style and what that will give you from the amount of charge in the battery.

1 - 20 of 232 Posts