Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

181 - 200 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think that's really good going! Did you have to keep the radio/heater off etc?
Radio or Bluetooth on all the time and blasting the speakers as I enjoy having music all the way 🔊
No AC - only normal airflow
No pre entry climate
No heating the seats
A bit of seat kinetics sometimes used just to try really..
Today was a good temperature anyway so didn't need any of the above!
Drove 90% of today jn Eco mode and sometimes use Battery only to spend it as on these journeys you are bound to recharge again by coasting and regen brake
Not sure I'm doing it right but I'm pleased and surprise at the result
Tomorrow is a smaller journey

·
Registered
8 Posts
Radio or Bluetooth on all the time and blasting the speakers as I enjoy having music all the way 🔊
No AC - only normal airflow
No pre entry climate
No heating the seats
A bit of seat kinetics sometimes used just to try really..
Today was a good temperature anyway so didn't need any of the above!
Drove 90% of today jn Eco mode and sometimes use Battery only to spend it as on these journeys you are bound to recharge again by coasting and regen brake
Not sure I'm doing it right but I'm pleased and surprise at the result
Tomorrow is a smaller journey
I've been doing it wrong, stuck to comfort mode with the temp set to 20degC, and when the battery gets low, I go onto battery level, which apart from that and sport mode seem the only way the car will charge with regen. Every day is a school day :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had my A250e for 2 months and charged it around 10 times. The first charge was 32 miles, all the rest range from 20 to 24 miles. I know the car learns how you drive and gives you these so called values but my wife also drives it and 90%of the time it’s in the town. Even if it lays for 2 days empty it still only charges to 24 miles Max, surely this can’t be right when Mercedes say 44 miles, I could live with losing 8 miles but not half the stated mileage.
Am I alone in this issue?

·
Registered
30 Posts
My journey today - left with full charge did 150 miles and the stopped for work for about 2 hours - didn't charge again has had no facilities and drove the same 150 miles back..

Is this good going? Mainly motorway this journey
View attachment 7632
Impressive. Which drive mode did you use, comfort, eco? Without recharging either way, I assume you did not have to stop at filling station to top up your tank either way too, correct? I will be travelling to Plymouth mostly on motorway and A38 towards the end one way. Would be great to have your trick to travelling long distance.
My full charge this morning from 1%.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Impressive. Which drive mode did you use, comfort, eco? Without recharging either way, I assume you did not have to stop at filling station to top up your tank either way too, correct? I will be travelling to Plymouth mostly on motorway and A38 towards the end one way. Would be great to have your trick to travelling long distance.
My full charge this morning from 1%.
Eco mode most time and a bit of Battery only mode if I know it wii charge again my just regen. ( long journeys)
I take the opportunities to brake regen. and coast and I don't push it hard and also hit the paddle up from D7 to M8 so it coasts even more on straight and downhill Motorway parts..
No AC really as I haven't needed it but my music is always blasting.. Don't know if it affects it or not though..
Hope this helps
I'm very new to this - only a week so far with the car and about 700 miles so far as I travel quite a lot for work

·
Registered
30 Posts
Eco mode most time and a bit of Battery only mode if I know it wii charge again my just regen. ( long journeys)
I take the opportunities to brake regen. and coast and I don't push it hard and also hit the paddle up from D7 to M8 so it coasts even more on straight and downhill Motorway parts..
No AC really as I haven't needed it but my music is always blasting.. Don't know if it affects it or not though..
Hope this helps
I'm very new to this - only a week so far with the car and about 700 miles so far as I travel quite a lot for work
I saw on YouTube Mercedes channel stating that the effect on high voltage battery are from using heater/ac, seat heating and pre heat climate ctrl. The MBUX system, headlights, internal/ambiance lighting etc are not utilising the high voltage battery but using the car battery so I am sure the music system via the MBUX will not affect the range.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I saw on YouTube Mercedes channel stating that the effect on high voltage battery are from using heater/ac, seat heating and pre heat climate ctrl. The MBUX system, headlights, internal/ambiance lighting etc are not utilising the high voltage battery but using the car battery so I am sure the music system via the MBUX will not affect the range.
Nice to know :) thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Might be worth a try. Put your car on charge, once it’s charging and tells you your mileage at 100% battery. Go start your car and reset the trip meter.

I was 21.7 miles on the app, after the reset it is now going to be 28 miles at100% charge.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Remember, its just an estimate not a limit. The better you drive, the longer the battery lasts. If you hammer it around everywhere, with heating on full blast then charge it up - you will probably get a range of 10-15 miles. Drive it nicely again and you will actually do the full 40ish.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have owned my A250e for 4 months I like it a lot BUT I am constantly disappointed with the Electric range indicated by MBUX and the Mercedes Me App.

I charge the car fully overnight (Octopus Go Tariff) but even before I unlock the car the predicted range is invariably no more than 21mls. When I unlock the car and get in this immediately drops to 19mls. I reported this to my dealer who asked me to book the car in. Upon arrival the Service Adviser said this was normal and I was wasting my time leaving it there for the day! Having made the trip I chose to leave it.

Upon collection the Service Advisor said that they ran all the diagnostics and found nothing wrong. She also advised me to ensure the battery was completely flat before charging - I have tried this and the result is the same.

Pre-conditioning id disabled and I have never used it.

Anyone else have this experience?

What is your predicted range after a full charge?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Currently 36 miles but it did say 37 the other day. I’ve had the car 2 weeks and when I first got it the range was 32.

What is your “actual” range though as depending on the types of road and length of journey mine varies. Here’s my trip data from a round trip with mostly motorway. I left with expected range of 37 but needed up getting 41 as I use regen and gliding on some A/B roads, also I noticed the car will drive and charge (seen from energy flow screen) on some stretches of the motorway so when the battery is gone I get some back and finish last little bit of journey on electric.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't found a way to get that vehicle charging screen report from my car on my Mercedes Me app. I'm just learning the car, the app, etc. When my car is charging at a public point, I would like to get that report as it gets close to full, but still haven't found it. Advice appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for that I hadn't thought of looking at Trip Data wish I had don that for my 180ml trip yesterday which started at 22ml and ended up at 0ml mostly Motorway with 20ml at the end in suburbs.

My numbers from Start are Total 1708 of which 892 were Electric only. Only done a short trip this morning 22ml at start 15ml now 11.6ml covered 8.1 Electric!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have owned my A250e for 4 months I like it a lot BUT I am constantly disappointed with the Electric range indicated by MBUX and the Mercedes Me App.

I charge the car fully overnight (Octopus Go Tariff) but even before I unlock the car the predicted range is invariably no more than 21mls. When I unlock the car and get in this immediately drops to 19mls. I reported this to my dealer who asked me to book the car in. Upon arrival the Service Adviser said this was normal and I was wasting my time leaving it there for the day! Having made the trip I chose to leave it.

Upon collection the Service Advisor said that they ran all the diagnostics and found nothing wrong. She also advised me to ensure the battery was completely flat before charging - I have tried this and the result is the same.

Pre-conditioning id disabled and I have never used it.

Anyone else have this experience?

What is your predicted range after a full charge?
What does your ECO Display show?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Turn the heating off, the heater draws 4kW. If you are doing short journeys and every time you use the car the heater has to heat up the cabin, this will seriously reduce your range.

My range had reduced over winter to low 30's. I ran my commute (25mile round trip) for a fortnight pre heating my cabin using my chargepoint (not battery) in the morning, and turning off the heating for the journey home. My range is back up to 41 miles now. Try it and take note of the difference in miles/kWh for the same journey.

181 - 200 of 242 Posts