Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Also can anyone explain why when I charged my car yesterday on a warm day it gave me a predictive range of 36 then went down to 29 fully charged and still warm outside. I give up...…………...
I think you are too focused on the figure. It is only an indication, drive nicely = more miles. Drive aggressively/poorly = less miles.

I'm still learning how my new car lists potential range and handles my actual driving, but I have found that I far exceed that projected range in an actual trip. London to Cheltenham last Saturday, projected range was 32. End of 100 mile trip, had over 45 miles on electric. Charged up in 2 + hours, and end of trip back, my overall trip was 202 miles with almost 100 total on electric, with Eco score over 36 miles extra due to driving style. This was in comfort mode, with lots of automatic D4 - D7 regen. Very happy so far.
Electric range when the ICE has been running becomes less valid as you are gaining electrical energy from using petrol (either through regen braking or steady state charging). I once did a 100 mile trip, which contained 60 electric miles. However, I know that type of journey/roads I would only get 30-35 miles of pure EV driving.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think you are too focused on the figure. It is only an indication, drive nicely = more miles. Drive aggressively/poorly = less miles.

Electric range when the ICE has been running becomes less valid as you are gaining electrical energy from using petrol (either through regen braking or steady state charging). I once did a 100 mile trip, which contained 60 electric miles. However, I know that type of journey/roads I would only get 30-35 miles of pure EV driving.
So how often are owners filling up with petrol, weekly, monthly?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm still learning how my new car lists potential range and handles my actual driving, but I have found that I far exceed that projected range in an actual trip. London to Cheltenham last Saturday, projected range was 32. End of 100 mile trip, had over 45 miles on electric. Charged up in 2 + hours, and end of trip back, my overall trip was 202 miles with almost 100 total on electric, with Eco score over 36 miles extra due to driving style. This was in comfort mode, with lots of automatic D4 - D7 regen. Very happy so far.
Looks like you are doing very well, I think my problem is most of my journeys are within 5 miles so Eco score always non existent.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks. Yes. Ultimately it is about using less petrol, so I'm content for now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
95% of my mileage is on electric, I charge it at home and charge it when I go out, in 2 months I’ve done almost 1000 miles to put it into perspective and 50 of those were on petrol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
95% of my mileage is on electric, I charge it at home and charge it when I go out, in 2 months I’ve done almost 1000 miles to put it into perspective and 50 of those were on petrol.
That's good going, my mileage will be more than that though, approx 800 per month, I will be charging at home, plus hopefully at work, providing the very few bays we have are not full with ICE cars, or being used by other electric cars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had to do a 260 miles round trip, which was fully charged and fully fuelled. This was the first time I filled up the car since new. I was also able to fully charge the vehicle on my visit prior to my return. I drive fairly fast on motorways, usually keep it around 90mph. Unfortunately, I didn't reset the trip prior to my journey to get the complete set of data but was pleased with 44 miles of electric on my return and an overall 60mpg without really driving like an OAP. My highest score yet, App still shows 30 miles on a full charge.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had to do a 260 miles round trip, which was fully charged and fully fuelled. This was the first time I filled up the car since new. I was also able to fully charge the vehicle on my visit prior to my return. I drive fairly fast on motorways, usually keep it around 90mph. Unfortunately, I didn't reset the trip prior to my journey to get the complete set of data but was pleased with 44 miles of electric on my return and an overall 60mpg without really driving like an OAP. My highest score yet, App still shows 30 miles on a full charge.

View attachment 7846
Is the 44 figure in the green the total of electric miles on that particular journey ? If so what I don't understand is why does it keep increasing even though my electric my range has gone to zero, i.e. run out of electric?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Is the 44 figure in the green the total of electric miles on that particular journey ? If so what I don't understand is why does it keep increasing even though my electric my range has gone to zero, i.e. run out of electric?
Because it can charge through braking and sometimes from the petrol engine too

221 - 232 of 232 Posts