Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
What Cranmasterflash said 👆

The only thing I would add is in comfort mode with a route programmed in to the navigation system, the car will decide when best to use the EV and ICE to optimise consumption over the whole journey, so it may select ICE when on the motorway for instance, to save battery power for a later part of the journey that maybe through a city.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Comfort essentially is the default mode and uses electric first then ice once depleted or you need a bit of a boost it kicks the ice in.

Sport is the opposite way round.

Electric mode EL uses batteries and u have more control over regen etc

Battery level maintains the current battery %level by using ice and I've seen it trickle charge on runs and breaking.

Eco is full eco.mode and assists you in getting the most economical drive.

Individual is however u want steering drive and especially set up
Thanks for that, all makes sense now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've just noticed after messing with the updated app (1.6.4), if you alter the heating zones and heated seats to either entire vehicle or driver only, it now updates the battery miles range depending on if its using more or less power at start up.

I assume it never did this before as I could never save any changes previously.
I don't know because I could never save any changes either! Still seems a bit hit and miss.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When at 100% charged, my battery range says 32 miles. I thought i read somewhere that it was up to 42 miles? Anyone have anything different than 32?
thats the same for me and its only 1 month old. I have the A250e, also loses charge if not used

·
Registered
25 Posts
thats the same for me and its only 1 month old. I have the A250e, also loses charge if not used
Mine has never gone above 32 miles, if you read all the threads this all points towards the temperature i.e. the colder it is the less you get, I charged it up last night as it was a mild night at 8 degrees and still only got 32 miles so I am not convinced by anything I read.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've read the optimum outside temperature is 20 degrees, to get the best out of the battery. As the weather warms, the batteries performance should too

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've read the optimum outside temperature is 20 degrees, to get the best out of the battery. As the weather warms, the batteries performance should too
Guess we will have to wait until the summer. I wonder what the range will be if you charged it up in a heated garage?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do a commute into central London from Kent round trip is about 42-43 miles on a mixture of 70,50 30 & 20 mph roads traffic conditions tend to be light to medium at the times I travel. 95% of the time I use electric power only. Once you get a feel for the regen and you adapt to 'new' ways of driving there's no reason not to get 40 miles plus.
I get over 40 with mine, typically the 41-43 range and have broken 44 a few times. In the right conditions & road types, I think 50 miles could be possible. Make as much use of the regen as possible, coast (D+) upto junctions prior to using full regen (D--) to slow you down.
Also depends on the road types, travelling over 65mph will see you struggle to get much more than 35-37 miles which is just down to aero resistance.
Hi Antnee, can you please elaborate more on how to use or get the coast (D+) and regen (D- -) whilst driving? I use Comfort and auto (using gear lever) but never use the steering gear pedals. Is it using the right steering gear pedal (D+) to coast and the left pedal (D- -) to regen the battery? Or do I need to use / change the gear lever to get those (D+) and (D- -) that you were writing about?? I am very interested to know if you use Comfort combined with playing the steering pedals to get those 44 - 50 miles mark on electric alone?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi Antnee, can you please elaborate more on how to use or get the coast (D+) and regen (D- -) whilst driving? I use Comfort and auto (using gear lever) but never use the steering gear pedals. Is it using the right steering gear pedal (D+) to coast and the left pedal (D- -) to regen the battery? Or do I need to use / change the gear lever to get those (D+) and (D- -) that you were writing about?? I am very interested to know if you use Comfort combined with playing the steering pedals to get those 44 - 50 miles mark on electric alone?
You got it all right - except you can only control the regen level while in Electric mode. All other modes will just change gears when using the paddles.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had a trip to my office earlier this week. 25 miles, mainly motorway and A-roads (with a few roundabouts), maybe 15% normal town roads. 5 deg ambient temp and I still managed to achieve 4.2m/kwh which equates to 44 miles over a full battery

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my battery is only offering 12 miles to a full charge!!! !!!! When I first got the vehicle in July last year it was offering around 30-40 miles.
Any ideas why??
I was always driving in electric mode as only travel 5 miles per day.
I would put in sport mode for longer journeys on a weekend and that always seemed to recharge the battery while driving, that doesn’t happen now! And I use sport mode constantly now because the battery doesn’t last long enough to use for any journey!!
the car went in to my local dealer a few months ago and they said they couldn’t find a problem. Just fobbed me off with a battery software update !!

F8D4CFD5-872E-4843-A173-889FD759B896.png

·
Registered
248 Posts
So my battery is only offering 12 miles to a full charge!!! !!!! When I first got the vehicle in July last year it was offering around 30-40 miles.
Any ideas why??
I would put in sport mode for longer journeys on a weekend and that always seemed to recharge the battery while driving, that doesn’t happen now! And I use sport mode constantly now because the battery doesn’t last long enough to use for any journey!!
the car went in to my local dealer a few months ago and they said they couldn’t find a problem. Just fobbed me off with a battery software update !!

View attachment 7386 View attachment 7386
Look back through this post - more gentle acceleration, less cabin heating, utilise the regen braking, etc to improve range.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any ideas why??

View attachment 7386 View attachment 7386
I’m now only getting 14miles to a charge. 🤷‍♂️ It’s getting worse. I was driving today and the battery level was 15% but the Mile read out said 0 again 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
248 Posts
I’m now only getting 14miles to a charge. 🤷‍♂️ It’s getting worse. I was driving today and the battery level was 15% but the Mile read out said 0 again 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Go onto the Mercedes Me app, find the 'Eco Display' section - what does it say?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes thats the one - based on that, I would suggest that your range is due to your driving style. When I am driving efficiently enough to get around 40 miles, the bars are full for each section. I think you can get that display up in the car so you can see it as you drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Anybody else having problems achieving the specified 15.6kWh battery charge?
Mine displays 100% charge at less than 12kWh giving me an average range of less than 30 miles to date.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It only uses about 10.5kwh of the battery for driving. All PHEV's do this, its to protect the life of the battery

·
Registered
248 Posts
As BigJim said - while the battery total capacity is around 15kWh, the 'usable' section is much smaller. This is part of the way in which the life of the battery can be extended. Batteries don't like to be charged to 100% or discharged to 0%.

121 - 140 of 160 Posts