Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
2021 A250e AMG line, Premium Plus, Driving Assistance Package, in white.
10 Posts
Mine is now one month old.

When it was new it was showing 50 or 52 miles after a charge but of course never achieved it. Now it has a number of charges under its belt, it is learning my driving habits, its showing 32 to 34 miles after a charge.

I'm using EL mode only, and am not holding back on the cabin heating, heated seats etc. (It's very cold - around freezing - at the moment.)

When I had one on trial in the summer it achieved well above 40 miles on a charge, so for winter time I'm very impressed with a bit over 30 miles.

I have solar panels at home so really like the choice of 6, 8, or max amps to charge off a 3 pin plug - I can tailor the charge so it's free or almost!

If all else fails I can go to my local ALDI, plug in, go shopping or go for a walk (or both) and have a "tankful" of free electricity.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I was starting to get worried about a possible fault with my 250e battery as up until only a couple of days ago, I had a max level of around 10 miles. However over the last couple of days this had now rocketed up to 34.2 miles, with no obvious changes or reasons. Has anyone else experienced this or have thoughts on why?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys

im new here and have a question about the a250e

i have had it for a couple of months now and i was initially getting between 30 to 40 on electic only, but now its only giving me around 12 to 15.

i dont understand why its dropped so much, any insight would be great.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Temperature, your battery is at its optimal at 20 degrees. The nearer summer we get, the better it will perform

·
Registered
248 Posts
While you will struggle to get decent range while the ambient temp is below 5-10 deg, it is the cabin heater which causes a bigger difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks for the replies guys, i thought it might have been the temperature but didnt think it would effect it that much.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Wrap up warm and turn off the cabin heating (you can still use the seat heater though) and you will see a difference. I have found that setting to 18deg instead of 21deg makes a noticeable improvement too

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its ridiculous that this car only gives you the range based on your previous heater settings and your previous driving style, it should display its full capability from a full charge then adjust accordingly whilst driving.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Its ridiculous that this car only gives you the range based on your previous heater settings and your previous driving style, it should display its full capability from a full charge then adjust accordingly whilst driving.
It really isn't ridiculous. It is exactly the same as how ranges have been worked out since trip computers were a thing! If you wan't to know how much battery charge you have left, look on the EQ screen. There is a battery remaining percentage available there.

·
Registered
248 Posts
What out of these 2 scenarios is best?

(Assume average efficiency of 2m/kWh)
1 - Fully charged battery shows 40 mile range, then every mile you drive the range drops by 2. Therefore after driving 10 miles, you have used 50% of the charge, not 25% like it originally indicated. It still shows 20 miles of range, but then the ICE kicks in another 10 miles down the road which you are disappointing in as your journey is only 25 miles so you should have had plenty of battery charge remaining.
2- Fully charged battery shows 20 mile range. After 10 miles, 50% of the charge is used and it shows 10 miles remaining. After the 20 miles is complete, the ICE kicks in which is expected as the range told you that at the beginning of the journey.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What out of these 2 scenarios is best?

(Assume average efficiency of 2m/kWh)
1 - Fully charged battery shows 40 mile range, then every mile you drive the range drops by 2. Therefore after driving 10 miles, you have used 50% of the charge, not 25% like it originally indicated. It still shows 20 miles of range, but then the ICE kicks in another 10 miles down the road which you are disappointing in as your journey is only 25 miles so you should have had plenty of battery charge remaining.
2- Fully charged battery shows 20 mile range. After 10 miles, 50% of the charge is used and it shows 10 miles remaining. After the 20 miles is complete, the ICE kicks in which is expected as the range told you that at the beginning of the journey.
I get your point entirely but I am beginning to think that more than 32 miles is a dream, I am quite a slow driver and always get the best MPG out of any car I have had, I charged it up yesterday as the temperature was quite mild at 8 degrees and still only got a 32 mile range. I am not particularly bothered since I love the car anyway.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wrap up warm and turn off the cabin heating (you can still use the seat heater though) and you will see a difference. I have found that setting to 18deg instead of 21deg makes a noticeable improvement too
I have just charged my car on this lovely sunny day at 12 degrees to get a measly range of 30, two weeks ago when it was below freezing I got 32 so I am now totally unconvinced that the temperature is playing any part in this despite the thread telling me otherwise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I first received my car the dealer didn’t charge it so I was left with 1% battery level. So the next morning used the domestic 3-pin plug to charge it to 100% for 5 hours or so and I had 25miles. Since then have been using the car for groceries shopping every 2 days using just ‘comfort’ programme I noticed that it used up the battery quickly. Every time I re-charged it to 100% just had 26-27 miles. Then following advice since 4 days ago have been using ‘Eco’ programme utilising the coasting and braking in ‘good time’ I notice that the battery stays charged longer and now when I charge it to 100% I got around 35 miles. Ambient temperature around 6C.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Somebody here or in another forum mentioned that if you drive the car over a ‘longer’ journey daily and use Eco programme, use coasting whenever possible controlling the acceleration smoothly ie not jamming the accelerator and braking smoothly in good time most often than not it will increase your battery mileage (at 100%) the next time you charge it. When I get the chance I will do that but it’s difficult when working from home all the time no excuse to drive longer journey. 💆🏼🤷‍♂️

141 - 160 of 160 Posts