Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

are you having problems with the air conditioner?

• yes

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • no

Votes: 43 62.3%
181 - 188 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you tried cleaning the sensor fan from dust in the in the control unit? See instructions here:

I’ve done this recently and A/C is back and working as normal - tbh I haven’t noticed much dust from the sensor at all. Anyway it did work and worth the try.

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
I just wanted to mention to people that I had no problems at all with my a/c but MB replaced the seals, which is apparently a recall item which the garages appear to be dealing with as and when the car is booked in for something else.

·
Registered
2019 A200d AMG Line Premium Auto
25 Posts
Reading through the forum, I've realised that climate control issues are prevalent in most W177s. I too am having the issue with it only blowing warm air out until you select the 'LOW' option. I've found using the recirculate function does help but not to the extent I would like.

Has anyone managed to sort theirs without a trip to MB? Would it be worth checking the sensor for dust blockages first perhaps? And where even is the sensor located? My car is one month out of warranty and so I'm not keen to take it there and be shafted with bills, despite it being a common problem.

Also, I have two safety systems cameras at the top of the screen which are forever fogging up and the car is displaying "camera view restricted" messages. The de-mist function has no affect on it all. I did mention this to my local dealer a long time ago and they said there is a 'special' anti-fogging cleanser that they use, but at the time it was on back order. No doubt they've forgotten all about it.

Again, is there anything that can be done to solve that before getting onto MB again?

TIA

·
Registered
A250 4-Matic 2021
131 Posts
Reading through the forum, I've realised that climate control issues are prevalent in most W177s. I too am having the issue with it only blowing warm air out until you select the 'LOW' option. I've found using the recirculate function does help but not to the extent I would like.

Has anyone managed to sort theirs without a trip to MB? Would it be worth checking the sensor for dust blockages first perhaps? And where even is the sensor located? My car is one month out of warranty and so I'm not keen to take it there and be shafted with bills, despite it being a common problem.

Also, I have two safety systems cameras at the top of the screen which are forever fogging up and the car is displaying "camera view restricted" messages. The de-mist function has no affect on it all. I did mention this to my local dealer a long time ago and they said there is a 'special' anti-fogging cleanser that they use, but at the time it was on back order. No doubt they've forgotten all about it.

Again, is there anything that can be done to solve that before getting onto MB again?

TIA
I would go back to MB regarding this, even if you're just over the warranty as it may be covered.

I am awaiting a new "Fix" for this problem from MB. They apparently have devised a new shroud for the cameras to prevent the fogging up.

·
Administrator
5,224 Posts
Has anyone managed to sort theirs without a trip to MB? Would it be worth checking the sensor for dust blockages first perhaps? And where even is the sensor located?
See this thread

Also, I have two safety systems cameras at the top of the screen which are forever fogging up and the car is displaying "camera view restricted" messages. The de-mist function has no affect on it all.
If you haven’t already, see this thread:

·
Registered
2019 A200d AMG Line Premium Auto
25 Posts
I would go back to MB regarding this, even if you're just over the warranty as it may be covered.

I am awaiting a new "Fix" for this problem from MB. They apparently have devised a new shroud for the cameras to prevent the fogging up.
I’ll get onto them about this then. I did mention it to them when it was in warranty and whether they noted it or not is down to them. I’d do it myself but I’m concerned it may need to be re-calibrated.

See this thread

If you haven’t already, see this thread:
Cheers. I have given this a go. Got to the temp sensor and cleaned it out as much as possible. It was a bit dusty but not to the extent I would call it ‘clogged’. Will see how it behaves over the next few days. I found the sensor online and they’re only around £7. If needs be I’ll buy new one and fit it myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dealer confirmed the fault known and is with a temperature sensor in the headlining console. Downside is the part is currently on back order and they have to wait 48 hours before they can chase for a delivery date.
take the part out and clean with a small paint brush I have just done it air con works perfect now

181 - 188 of 188 Posts