Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

are you having problems with the air conditioner?

• yes

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • no

Votes: 43 62.3%
141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the cool air, only if i set "low" on the mubx
starting from 16°c i have only hot air....
The AUTO button is climate control. When lit, climate control is active. When A/C rest button is lit, the A/C is on
To get the best out of the system you keep Auto and A/C on all the time. Just set the temp to whatever is comfortable and it will try to maintain that.

·
Super Moderator
4,512 Posts
Here’s a tale of woe re aircon compressor from another forum member:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have THERMOTRONIC. As soon as I press AUTO the AUTO and AC/REST button also lit and you can feel cold air in the cabin in the summer . Isnt this how it works? Especially after reading 44C outside temp :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update ; so the dealer didn't fix my issue as he couldn't see a fault code and the system worked okay in the workshop. Last weekend it did the same thing so I kept the car running and got my wife's meat thermometer from the kitchen. The vents were throwing out 60 Deg C heat. Never knew the system could go that high!
Anyway, I made a video and emailed it to the dealer.... that was last week and there's been no reply as yet!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Guys. First time to chime in.
My GF bought a used 2018 a-class (1.3L petrol AMG line) from the UK. we imported the car to Cyprus (we also have right hand side cars so the UK used market is kind of the go to place for us)
we experienced this issue right from the get go.
and here in Cyprus airconditioning is a must 8 out of 12 months a year. Local sole dealership checked the car today and asked for 500 euros for the sensor alone. when I said that this is a known issue they said the it's been 2 years since the purchase of the car so factory warranty won't cover it. I'm thinking of sending an email to Merc about this because I know these cars have at least 5 years warranty.
For those of you already been there, have you ever needed to contact mercedes benz directly for this , or given hard time fixing this issue ?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Kalispera! Unfortunately the local dealership in Cyprus cannot accept the replacement of the sensor, because the global Mercedes warranty of the 2 years has been exprired. If you want to extend the warranty,same is made via the local dealership - at least here in Greece - paying an amount on/about 130 eur/year. However, the extend is made via an insurance company( where they do not cover everything!!). Moreover, because an official recall hasn't been made, the dealrship does not regognize that it's Mercedes fault. But, i will agree with you to write a letter to Mercedes and make your complaints about the sensor. There is a very good chance to recognize it and replace it for free!

·
Registered
A200 Saloon Sport Premium 2018
10 Posts
Hello, I've got an A200 2018, registered 2019, from time to time I have a issue with AC system, temperature outside was 14C, set up on AUTO to 21 and blowing hot air and no stopping, even if I was change the setting to 19C, 18C, 17C or 16C, was doing nothing apart blowing hot air. Only when setting up the temperature to LOW will start to blow cold air. Book today for an inspection and they've change the overhead control panel under warranty.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Keep us posted if everyting is ok now. Since the delearships are replacing it without any argue, then MB has accepted as their fault. I believe that the cars built on 2019-2020 have not the same issues … :unsure::unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
135 Posts
My car has been blowing hot and cold air randomly, and has been booked into the dealership for rectification.
For those of you that have already had their cars done, for this known problem, how long does it take? Is it a minor job?

·
Registered
447 Posts
My car has been blowing hot and cold air randomly, and has been booked into the dealership for rectification.
For those of you that have already had their cars done, for this known problem, how long does it take? Is it a minor job?
If it’s the sensor in the roof, yes you should be able to wait while it’s done - I think they told me an hour if I remember correctly.

Mine took longer because they have to do some sort of check with this Mercedes database to confirm a genuine part has been used. The network kept timing out so they couldn’t do the check in the end and they recommended I come back again. The part worked though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 68 Reg w177, and im getting the same issue. only blowing hot air until you turn it to low then itll turn the AC on cold and if you slowly increase it itll stay cool then BAM hot again -.- only had the car 3 days. Manufacturers warranty runs out end of september. Any idea on how much it may cost if i cant get it in intime?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh, yes, I had problems with the air conditioner, both at home and in the car. I had to change the radiator in the car because it was already old and became dirty and later faulty. I got into a lot of money. Then a few months later, the air conditioner in the car stopped blowing cold air. But here I was luckier, and I paid a little money. I only needed to do a chemical cleaning of the air conditioner, and considering what prices are now Price for Aircon Service, Chemical Wash, Overhaul & Gas Top Up , I still paid well at that time. In short, I got into serious money because of faulty air conditioners. But money can be earned, so this is not the most severe problem in the world.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have something strange going on with the air conditioner, for some reason it blows out warm air, what can it be?
is it blowing hot air regardless of what temperature is set? I have this issue sometimes. It’s been in for diagnostics 3 times now and no fault can be found. It’s really frustrating, I strongly suspect it’s a faulty sensor but the dealer won’t fix anything until they find a fault.

141 - 160 of 181 Posts