Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

are you having problems with the air conditioner?

• yes

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • no

Votes: 43 62.3%
161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought our 2018 A180d three weeks ago and we have had this issue intermittently. Today it was 21 degrees outside and for a half hour drive the car just pumped in warm/hot air unless climate control was set to LOW. Tried car short time after getting home and air con cooling came on immediately! Will go back to dealer hopefully to sort but as it is intermittent my hopes are not high! From reading other posts looks like could be control unit?

·
Super Moderator
4,512 Posts
The most common cause of warm air being blown into the cabin, is a faulty temp sensor located in the overhead console where your SOS button is.

The solution is to replace the entire console, but the latest consoles do not have the sunglasses holder installed.

·
Registered
1918 A200 AMG-LINE Premium Plus
10 Posts
I have just bought a used A200 but not from a Mercedes dealer which has this problem. I didn’t notice anything until I adjusted the temperature and it went crazy pumping out hot air even down to 17deg only stopped it by going to low. Had to drive home with it off. I’m going to register at a local Mercedes dealer hope they can help. Amazed previous owner hadn’t got it fixed, it’s still under warranty. I hope….

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've mailed the official MB a month ago, no reply yet if this is a known issue. I'm also not spending 500 euro for this fix while everybody has this problem. Opening a window works as well...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've mailed the official MB a month ago, no reply yet if this is a known issue. I'm also not spending 500 euro for this fix while everybody has this problem. Opening a window works as well...
Mine is a late 2018 A200 it’s in Mercedes World as we speak, has this problem, they are replacing a faulty sensor in the overhead console which is faulty and a known problem. I am picking it up this evening let you know if it fixes it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Received the car back today from Mercedes Brooklands. They replaced the overhead module, with a different unit. It doesn't have the sunglasses holder. Why previous owner didn't get it changed I don't know. They also flashed engine and gearbox modules with the latest update as I wasn't happy with the gear change points in comfort mode. It's all fine now and no charge as still under three years old.

·
Registered
2018, A200, W177
3 Posts
Bought our 2018 A180d three weeks ago and we have had this issue intermittently. Today it was 21 degrees outside and for a half hour drive the car just pumped in warm/hot air unless climate control was set to LOW. Tried car short time after getting home and air con cooling came on immediately! Will go back to dealer hopefully to sort but as it is intermittent my hopes are not high! From reading other posts looks like could be control unit?
I had exactly the same problem and fixed mine by cleaning the sensor fan located within the control unit. Simple and you keep your sunglasses holder.

·
Registered
2020 A200 AMG line premium plus with DAP
193 Posts
But if they replace the sensor, if you have the sunglasses holder, you may lose it. I'd be curious to know if they can replace the sensor but keep the holder.

·
Registered
2018, A200, W177
3 Posts
But if they replace the sensor, if you have the sunglasses holder, you may lose it. I'd be curious to know if they can replace the sensor but keep the holder.
Have you tried cleaning the sensor fan from dust in the in the control unit? See instructions here:

161 - 180 of 181 Posts