Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
201 - 212 of 212 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,964 Posts
Usually about 45 seconds for dashcam to be available for me too. By the time you have gone through the check list of things to turn off it appears 😂

·
Registered
A180 AMG Line Premium Plus Auto with Distronic (the one bit I wanted!)
127 Posts
Purchased and downloaded it yesterday. Suprisingly straightforward including moving it to the first position in favourites. The files are very large - it seems to favour 55mb file size, which accounts for 40 seconds of running.
The camera is wide- angle so it looks like you are moving at break-neck speed.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'd like to know when the English law changed?
Several people on here said we could not have built in dashcam because of the law.
Even more told us that the dealers said it was not allowed.
What changed?

·
Super Moderator
4,007 Posts
M-B shifted the responsibility of where you can and can’t record (public land / private land) onto the driver of the car, it’s a conscious decision by the driver to press the record button.

At this point in time, you can’t get the M-B OEM Dashcam to automatically start recording in the UK.

·
Registered
127 Posts
M-B shifted the responsibility of where you can and can’t record (public land / private land) onto the driver of the car, it’s a conscious decision by the driver to press the record button.

At this point in time, you can’t get the Dashcam to automatically start recording in the UK.
At one point I was told speedcams were not included because they were not legal in the uk.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'd like to know when the English law changed?
Several people on here said we could not have built in dashcam because of the law.
Even more told us that the dealers said it was not allowed.
What changed?
The law can be applied very differently to an OEM compared to an owner/driver using an aftermarket method. It is also down to a company's interpretation of the law and how risk adverse they are.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The law can be applied very differently to an OEM compared to an owner/driver using an aftermarket method. It is also down to a company's interpretation of the law and how risk adverse they are.
So your saying "We could have had it 2 years ago" because nothing has changed.

·
Registered
2020 A250e
1 Posts
Purchased dashcam a week ago. Works fine BUT 3 things irritate me. 1. Can replay videos using media app in car but won’t play from memory stick on laptop. No good for insurance company. 2. App has to be manually started each journey and doesn’t become available for about a minute after setting off. Most frustrating and distracting. 3. Display on videos is in kph and cannot see how to change to mph. Have emailed Mercedes Me customer service but no response yet.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Purchased dashcam a week ago. Works fine BUT 3 things irritate me. 1. Can replay videos using media app in car but won’t play from memory stick on laptop. No good for insurance company. 2. App has to be manually started each journey and doesn’t become available for about a minute after setting off. Most frustrating and distracting. 3. Display on videos is in kph and cannot see how to change to mph. Have emailed Mercedes Me customer service but no response yet.
I have no problem playing videos from USB stick on computer using VLC. I agree with your other two gripes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have no problem playing videos from USB stick on computer using VLC. I agree with your other two gripes.
The file sizes are quite large too and so you need a lot of gb to prevent overwriting of recent videos. Mine made a bit of a fuss when it started overwriting for the first time but seems ok now.
VLC will let you convert the files to a more acceptable format if you wish.

·
Super Moderator
1,964 Posts
Agree with second 2. Mine play fine if plugged into side of TV. My file sizes are small. Usually between 1-2 minutes playing time max.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Agree with second 2. Mine play fine if plugged into side of TV. My file sizes are small. Usually between 1-2 minutes playing time max.
....... but look at the file size!

201 - 212 of 212 Posts