Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
161 - 180 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Took the plunge, too. An easy purchase.

So far tried it with 1 USB for Speedcams, Music and Dashcam. Worked fine when music wasn’t playing but couldn’t read the file created while I was listening to music. Will try separate USB sticks when I can find my **** spare USB C to A cable.

·
Super Moderator
4,482 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Still aint got the option to buy this on mine, Im on FUP2... Looks like you do need FUP3? anyone confirm?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Still aint got the option to buy this on mine, Im on FUP2... Looks like you do need FUP3? anyone confirm?
I have FUP3 but don't have the option either

·
Registered
70 Posts
I’ve gone ahead and bought the camera, but now I’ve discovered that I can’t add it as a favourite.
“Apps” doesn’t appear in the usual add to favourites menu and a long press on the record button + add to favourites produces the message “no function available for saving”.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2021 A250e Premium Plus in Polar White with Driver Assistance Package and Dashcam
6 Posts
I have it saved in Favourites as Loop Recording. It was a bit tricky at first but I think I managed to save it whilst Loop Recording was active and displayed rather than trying unsuccessfully to find it through the menu.

I hadn’t used Favourites up until now so was very much stumbling my way along and surprised myself when I got it saved.

·
Super Moderator
1,964 Posts
I’ve gone ahead and bought the camera, but now I’ve discovered that I can’t add it as a favourite.
“Apps” doesn’t appear in the usual add to favourites menu and a long press on the record button + add to favourites produces the message “no function available for saving”.

Any ideas?
Same as post above. It takes about an hour for save to favourites option to appear
76FAABB9-D463-443D-9A1B-C792B2C12A0B.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
1,964 Posts
Took the plunge, too. An easy purchase.

So far tried it with 1 USB for Speedcams, Music and Dashcam. Worked fine when music wasn’t playing but couldn’t read the file created while I was listening to music. Will try separate USB sticks when I can find my **** spare USB C to A cable.
i can confirm that with 2 USB’s inserted (one for cam and other for music) it works perfectly 👍
When playing music if you change source to the other stick you can watch recordings on mbux screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Might be a silly question but please enlighten me. I am on FUP1_4. Isn’t this a hardware identification?? It’s not like I can jump to FUP3 right ?

·
Super Moderator
1,964 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
a simple search would be a good start 👍

I know that you are screaming inside when you tell us to search first 😂 and believe me I did but unfortunately Steve I don’t have the same menu as the A class I guess. I have a Cla which might be slightly different here and there but other than that are the same. I used to have the info about the mbux version on my system menu but not anymore. I was able to find the version through xentry software but I’m not sure if it’s a hardware version or a software one that can be updated.

·
Registered
119 Posts
After emails falling into a black hole and unanswered calls, I actually went into my local dealership today to ask why certain cars are able to receive the dashcam feature but others are not. ( I have a 70 reg GLA200 AMG line premium)

No definitive answer yet, but the gist of it is you need a certain piece of software that some cars have and some don't, (not FUP3 as I already have this). It seems fairly arbitrary whether your car has it or not, they couldn't tell me exactly what it is or what determined if your car has it. Some older models have it, some newer models don't. They haven't got the software update locally, or even know if MB will send it out to the dealerships.

I followed up our chat with an email asking specific questions and the service manager said he will try to find out what is happening. I will post when I have some details

·
Registered
3 Posts
Out of interest, has anybody had any difficulty in watching the videos back? I bought a brand new usb stick so doubt it’s anything to do with that, but when I connect it to the computer it just plays a blank video. Very odd as the file size indicates that the cam successfully recorded (c. 1.5gb for a 45 min drive), but it’s just a blank video.

I am on a Mac, so not sure if that’s it. I wouldn’t have thought that a Mac wouldn’t be able to play a standard mp4 file, so might be worth me getting in touch with MB? Also haven’t found a way to play back the videos through MBUX, so perhaps also indicates it‘s a car problem.

Any similar experiences?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Out of interest, has anybody had any difficulty in watching the videos back? I bought a brand new usb stick so doubt it’s anything to do with that, but when I connect it to the computer it just plays a blank video. Very odd as the file size indicates that the cam successfully recorded (c. 1.5gb for a 45 min drive), but it’s just a blank video.

I am on a Mac, so not sure if that’s it. I wouldn’t have thought that a Mac wouldn’t be able to play a standard mp4 file, so might be worth me getting in touch with MB? Also haven’t found a way to play back the videos through MBUX, so perhaps also indicates it‘s a car problem.

Any similar experiences?
Download VLC Media player, its all about having the correct codecs for playback on your system

·
Super Moderator
1,964 Posts
I can play mine back in car by changing the source USB. Plays full screen too. It seems to split files up in anything between 1:20 sec to about 3 and half minutes. Continues recordings but just chopped up in random size segments

161 - 180 of 212 Posts