Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Do any of you have digital key with smartphone? In theory, one should be able to use smartphone to unlock and start the vehicle. I am interested to see if this option is working for you with a android device. I have this option, but when I try to activate it from mercedes me portal, it gives me a error message, saying to contact customer service, which I did. Even tried different smartphones, without any result.

Problem is that, it takes alot of time for technical department to solve my issue. I am already waiting for a solution for more than 3 weeks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I have all it's needed, but seems that there is a technical issue from MercedesMe portal. I have been in contact with support, providing them lots of info as smartphone operating system, sim card pictures, version of android app, print screens, etc. It just takes too long.

Was just curious if other users experience same problems as me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in the same boat, sent all my pictures of my sim, android version, screen captures on different browsers, logging on to Mercedes me app and using internal browsers, different phones that were supported on the Mercedes mobile website but still nothing I have been sitting with technical support for about 4 weeks when I received my car :/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone got Digital Key to work yet. I’ve been trying for 2 months but it’s still not working. My local dealer hasn’t been able to get it working either :/

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’ve got a OnePlus 6T. It is compatible according to the Mercedes website (it does have NFC)
When I try to activate the digital key on the Mercedes Me shop it says it needs to check compatibility with my phone but I can’t get passed that stage.
BTW you can get an NFC sticker from your dealer for an iPhone or any incompatible phone to work with Digital Key.
I like the idea of going out with just my phone and no keys :/

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is working. I have a Samsung S8. If mobile passes compatibility check, then you'll need to deactivate your key with a double click on "Lock", put the key into designated cup holder along with your phone into NFC charging station.

Be sure that you do not go too far away from home without key, because if MercedesMe app is updated, you might be staying outside your car. It happened to me once.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for that. I’m sure I won’t use it at all now I know I can get locked out with an app update.
The smartphone pack was probably wasted cash then ��

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have keyless entry, it is more convenient than smartphone, as you have to take your phone from pocket to open door and then to put it in charging area to start the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes I have keyless but I really wanted to leave my massive bunch of keys at home sometimes :/ I wonder if the car is easier to steal with Digital Key activated.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the available option to do this but my understanding is once enabled the remote key does not work so if your phone went dead would you still be able to open the door ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Regarding stealing, I think it is more easy to hijack signals from keyless key than from a NFC which works only at close distance.

Now I use digitalkey, and when going far away from home I take the key also. Both they are working. But if you don't disable key by double clicking on Lock, then you enter and start the car with key.

·
Registered
17 Posts
At least I know how it works now thanks.
I’ve found out it’s very limited and only works with a few models of phones. My phone is on the compatible list but with a * next to it saying it will only work with the Mercedes NFC sticker. Today I found out that’s only available in Germany :/ I’m a bit disappointed ☹

·
Registered
12 Posts
At least I know how it works now thanks.
I’ve found out it’s very limited and only works with a few models of phones. My phone is on the compatible list but with a * next to it saying it will only work with the Mercedes NFC sticker. Today I found out that’s only available in Germany :/ I’m a bit disappointed ☹
This is the same I was told aswell, for my iphone! Due an upgrade so will go for a samsung now!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up my A180 AMG Line with the advanced connectivity pack yesterday. I’m wondering if the digital key using my phone will actually work? The dealership told me it didn’t work in the UK and am just wondering if anyone on here uses their phone as their key? Ive tried searching online but am not having much luck finding the answer. I’ve got an iPhone XS. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have just contacted my dealer to order the sticker. Lets hope it works!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts