Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought the licence for In-Car Office and have hooked it up to my Office 365 account on the Mercedes Me Portal. According to the Manual there should be an 'in-car office' app in the 'Mercedes Me & Apps' section but there is not one there. I checked the active licences via the MBUX system in the car and it can see I have a licence for In Car Office but I am stumped. I have created a ticket with Mercerdes but it is taking time for them to look at it.

Wondering do any of you guys use this functionality and is there something I am missing?

·
Registered
449 Posts
If you bought it from the ME-store, it might take up to 24hours before it pops-up in your MBUX system. It took my college's A200 about 16hours before CarPlay was available on his car.

And Me-tickets might take up to at least one week before they reply. Your best bet is to straight-up call them, saves you a couple of days and you get direct help. (Press the Me-phone button in your car or the number on their website).

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have that activated in my car. I don’t use it very often. I got it mainly because it is supposed to tell you when you should leave for a meeting, and give you the option to pop the location as a destination in the satnav. But either the location in my Outlook calendars never have the correct information, or it just doesn’t work very well.

It will be one of the licenses I won’t be extending for another year come July.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have bought the licence for In-Car Office and have hooked it up to my Office 365 account on the Mercedes Me Portal. According to the Manual there should be an 'in-car office' app in the 'Mercedes Me & Apps' section but there is not one there. I checked the active licences via the MBUX system in the car and it can see I have a licence for In Car Office but I am stumped. I have created a ticket with Mercerdes but it is taking time for them to look at it.

Wondering do any of you guys use this functionality and is there something I am missing?

i bought the in car office. It should be shown to the menu apps (on the mbux). In general its not useful at all as a functionality

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have it and use it quite much, I check my calendar appointments, emails and find it useful that it brings the destination address for my next appointment ready for the navigation.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I was considering subscribing to the in car office as well, but I did wonder how well it works if people don’t fill in location info consistently in meeting invites. For example, a lot of our work meetings include the name of a meeting room in one of our buildings and there is no way MBUX will find those. Also we use various virtual conferencing apps (MS Teams, Zoom, etc.) for the majority of our meetings and I question whether the join URL would work from in car office - although would love to hear from anyone who has tried to use this..?

As an alternative, I successfully joined a Dialin in Conf to Skype for Business using one touch join yesterday whilst in the car. I did this via Apple CarPlay so actually if you have that there is probably no need for the Mercedes in car office.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I've been having some problems getting this set up in my car. Purchased on the Mercedes me portal, and successfully connected it to my Office 365 account. It shows up in the list of services in the car, but there is no tile or app on MBUX.

Contacted Mercedes me support, and had an open ticket for almost a month now, and they've told me that 'work' office 365 accounts are not supported, and this feature can only be used with 'personal' Microsoft accounts.

Seems a bit pointless if that is the case - I don't think I've ever had a conference call or meeting request sent to a personal email account. Has anyone got this working with their work Office365 accounts?

Dan.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone got this working with their work Office365 accounts?
Confirmed to be working with work Office365 account. App in the car appeared for me quite soon after activating it in the MBUX portal (purchase).

Did you "link" the service to your Office365 account in the MBUX web portal?

·
Registered
4 Posts

Did you guys get the In-Car Office to work? I am having the same issue as some others here in that I have purchased the licence, I have connected my Gmail account to it via the Mercedes Me Portal, everywhere I check it shows I should have it, but the app does not appear anywhere in the MBUX user interface.

Where should the App appear? Is it the same menu where you have the web browser, for example?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. I bought the app, but can’t see anywhere how you link it to your Office 365 account. Any tips please? Thanks Rich (UK)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all. I bought the app, but can’t see anywhere how you link it to your Office 365 account. Any tips please? Thanks Rich (UK)
You perform that online with your web browser in Mercedes Me portal. There should be a section called In-Car Office and you perform the linking there.

·
Registered
A200 AMG Line Premium Plus
30 Posts
Can I ask those who have the Office app working - can you use it for online Teams meetings?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Noticed today that in car office seems to be available but I haven’t purchased it. Says it’s available until 4th July 2021. I have added a gmail account and it seems to receive emails on the screen ok. Anyone else had similar?

·
Registered
A200 AMG Line Premium Plus
30 Posts
Seems like we get one year free with a new car. Tried to activate it myself however it does not appear in the app list for some reason.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My car is from October 2019 though !! Don’t recall seeing it there until today!
I think they have started activating it free for 1 year for all customers. I also got that activated on 24th June and valid until June 2021. I bought my car in Mar 2020.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts