Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah true!!

Mines mid 2018 release so there doesn’t seem to be a ‘buy a new car and get 1 year office free!’ Scheme going on 🤔

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
Yep mine has suddenly said “Activating” in the Me App.

I’ve gone to the Me Web Portal to activate it via the slider button, and it’s appeared to be activated for 1 year.

It’s then allowed me to add a O365 account, and a GMail account (while still in the Web Portal, not the Me app).

Update: GMail/GSuite works fine in the car, O365 not so much as it’s a corporate account and needs admin to approve the link to 3rd party (Me) apps having access.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
@veeeight I would be grateful if you could send me a link to it. Thanks in advance 👍😇

·
Registered
130 Posts
Once In-Car Office is acrtivated In Mercedes Me portal the In-Cat Office I also see support for G Suite/ Gmail also :) (The Application's use of information received from Gmail APIs)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Noticed it asks for the ‘me’ pin after every engine restart. Anyone know of a way to disable this?

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
I suspect not, otherwise it's not secure, anyone could get into your car and access all your emails, info and calendar, contacts etc.

I know the admins of any corporate O365 accounts won't be happy without the additional security PIN !

·
Registered
233 Posts
True, they could probably get the contacts from the phone anyway. Only using for a personal account so I wouldn’t be too worried.

·
Registered
141 Posts
where is the in car office supposed to be in the car? in "my services" in the shop part?
I have it activated via mercedes me online but cant find it in my car anywhere either.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Has anyone who received this free manged to get it working?

It says it is activated in the Mercedes me app, I have linked it to my gmail account in the Mercedes me portal, but I still cant find it in the car anywhere, (apps, licence activation etc).

Where would it be and how long does it take, (its been a couple of days since I set it up on the portal)

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
It happened almost instantaneously for me, I found In Car Office in Apps on MBUX.

Your car does need good connectivity on it's e-SIM though, if you're in a bad reception area it won't update/download the app into the car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
nothing there for me...yet

·
Registered
77 Posts
Has anyone who received this free manged to get it working?

It says it is activated in the Mercedes me app, I have linked it to my gmail account in the Mercedes me portal, but I still cant find it in the car anywhere, (apps, licence activation etc).

Where would it be and how long does it take, (its been a couple of days since I set it up on the portal)

I have just looked again, nothing in Apps. Is there something I'm missing? do you have to create a profile in your car?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I already had an existing profile, so I assume it used that.
I think the only profile on the car is "guest" so I wonder if it will make a difference of I set one up

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
@Ian-H I think you need to subscribe to one of the other MBUX services to get multiple profiles - £29 per year. I have this as the same service enables the alert to smartphone if your car is bumped.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts