Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yes that's true. They just 5min ago confirmed it's not coming at all.

https://blog.mercedes-benz-passion.com/2019/05/wireless-apple-carplay-fuer-a-klasse-und-cla/

Edit: I ask Twitter this matter to MB and they say.

"We cannot comment on third-party pages, Marko. Please reach out to our colleagues via this contact form mb4.me/7bOiTgem/ to receive more country specific details."

I stop this here now And wait some real information.
Hmmm BMW have obviously had it for ages and I hear it has just arrived in the A7 so it is now in VW group, I also heard the Passat has it..... so I wonder what they are going to do for the next E Class when all their main competitors have it ! ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hmmm BMW have obviously had it for ages and I hear it has just arrived in the A7 so it is now in VW group, I also heard the Passat has it..... so I wonder what they are going to do for the next E Class when all their main competitors have it ! ?

In BMW it's totally broken. Some car it's working fine and some it's not working at all. And last 2 weeks it's broken almous everyone.

I hope MB do it better work or it's not worth using at all.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
In BMW it's totally broken. Some car it's working fine and some it's not working at all. And last 2 weeks it's broken almous everyone.

I hope MB do it better work or it's not worth using at all.
I think that was just because the put it behind a pay wall and the wall broke and cars could not verify which options they have installed via the cloud. Not really Apples fault

·
Registered
14 Posts
Messaged the Mercedes UK Twitter account about this and the below is their answer. Doesn’t sound like it’s coming.

“We've had a response from our tech team and it doesn't appear that wireless CarPlay is available. We're sorry for any disappointment caused by this.”

·
Registered
31 Posts
“We've had a response from our tech team and it doesn't appear that wireless CarPlay is available. We're sorry for any disappointment caused by this.”
Thanks for the info.
He just confirm what we already know: it is not currently available. He doesn’t say that it will never be...
I’ve just received my new CLA coupé and honestly even if MBUX is really nice, the CarPlay full screen and wireless is really missing...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Don’t trust info you receive from social or dealers. Only ever received false info regarding the ambient lighting from both, and that should be very clear. Luckily I was able to get correct info here and amend my order before build. Wireless car play is a little more technical so I'd take anything with a pinch of salt. That being said I'm pretty confident all the hardware is already there to enable, if there is a hotspot and WiFi connectivity I'd say it is a matter of time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, new to the forum.

Does anyone know when wireless CarPlay will be available? I don’t want to buy a dongle and I bought the connectivity pack assuming this feature will be enabled at some point. This is a little nitpicky buts it’s frustrating not having this.

thanks

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi all, new to the forum.

Does anyone know when wireless CarPlay will be available? I don’t want to buy a dongle and I bought the connectivity pack assuming this feature will be enabled at some point. This is a little nitpicky buts it’s frustrating not having this.

thanks
It's not really nitpicking, since Merc should really support wireless carplay and widescreen. Cause then I would definitely buy it for 300quid.

Reactions: H82

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can see it also in Finnish electronic guide MB audiosüsteem (title German but content Finnish) which is for models manufactured between 08/2018-08/2019. There is one guide for wired CarPlay and another one for wireless. It is however not visible in parallel electronic guide what they call MBUX - so you need to download the other as well. Both are for A class.

Could this be some upcoming MBUX update?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi there, copying this from the W177 A45 section in hopes that somebody has an answer, thanks.

So I connected my iphone and went to media to start playback via bluetooth and so far so good, excellent sound quality btw, the advanced audio system is incredible. Trying to find how to disable auto-start, because now every time I get in the car with bluetooth on and push the engine start button, my playlist starts playing, even without actually going to media. I can always pause but I don't wanna have to do that every time. I can also just turn bluetooth off before getting in the car and no song will play, but suppose I want to call somebody while driving and want to do it via the car, then I'll have to turn it on which will make no sense, I mean if I have to reach my phone to enable bluetooth before asking Mercedes to make the call for me or selecting my contact from the menu, I might as well just ask Siri which is much faster and safer. The whole point is having bluetooth on my iphone enabled at all times and do everything via the car but I need to disable playback auto-start. If I want to listen to my music I'll just go to media. Any ideas?

·
Registered
A35, Black Premium
334 Posts
Hi there, copying this from the W177 A45 section in hopes that somebody has an answer, thanks.
In the bluetooth options you have 2 options with a phone, calling and media. If you disconnect the media function from your phone and just calling function it should do what you want it too. You can find this in bluetooth devices somewhere, can’t exactly remember the options you need to select to find it, but it isn’t really buried deep into the menu.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks, will have a look.

·
Registered
165 Posts
In the bluetooth options you have 2 options with a phone, calling and media. If you disconnect the media function from your phone and just calling function it should do what you want it too. You can find this in bluetooth devices somewhere, can’t exactly remember the options you need to select to find it, but it isn’t really buried deep into the menu.
I found the options and disconnected media from my phone, but when I locked and unlocked the car, it was reconnected and of course music started playing as soon as I pressed engine start. No need to start the engine btw. I think I'll transfer my playlist to a usb stick and use only when I need it. That should solve my problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Simple question, does anybody have apple CarPlay working wirelessly in their A45S?

I have read that it does but can’t seem to get anything other than wired via the usb c cable

·
Super Moderator
2,897 Posts
Nope.

Via cable only at the moment.

See

41 - 60 of 89 Posts