Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

Registered
I don't think they鈥檝e added it in FUP3. There鈥檚 a thread on the A class forum:

Registered
Hi.

I just got my a250e hatchback. When I ordered it the seller said that wireless carplay would be avaliable. When I downloadet it from mercedes store online yesterday the selling text said "connect your phone by wire or wireless". Only Wire works.

I think Mercedes presenter this in 2018, but still nothing...

Do you guys have any more info regardin this matter?

My car is going in on thursday and I have asked for all the software updates to be done so we will see after that but tbh I am not sure I need Apple carplay that much. We have the car sat nav, blue tooth phone and Apple carplay just annoys with all the WhatsApp messages appearing while driving.

Registered
Mercedes A200 V177 2019
Hi,
My car just got the latest update FUP3, and I can confirmed, nor of the wireless carplay & full screen. kinda disappointed.

Registered
We have a highly successful and qualified aftermarket installer here. I talked to him about getting the same for my A45S+. He said that Wireless CarPlay can be activated/installed, but there is a catch. It can only be done in cars which have the build spec for MBUX as 545 Low. Many of the new A45S have this spec as 549 MBUX High. So it can be done in cars with MBUX Low but not those with MBUX High (can only have wired Apple CarPlay). We didn鈥檛 get into the technical reasons WHY this is the case. He has successfully installed Wireless Apple Car Play in models build with the 545 and cannot in models with the 549. If you want to check on your specific car, go to Free online Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder : MBDecoder and type in your VIN. You can see if you have MBUX High or Low installed. I am attaching a screen shot for my build sheet to show you what I mean.

Reactions: veeeight

Registered
Actually there is 545, 548, 549. Only 545 has Wireless. Neither 548 or 549 have Wireless. Also 548 is the LOW version that also does not play videos. 548 is the default fit after July 2019 and you get 549 only as option if you get factory fitted AR

Registered
Actually there is 545, 548, 549. Only 545 has Wireless. Neither 548 or 549 have Wireless. Also 548 is the LOW version that also does not play videos. 548 is the default fit after July 2019 and you get 549 only as option if you get factory fitted AR
Excellent and detailed info. Great to know.

Registered
Has anybody had any update on wireless Apple Car Play? I called into local Mercedes dealer today on an unrelated subject and while I was there asked if I could use Apple Car Play wirelessly on my A250 which had the advanced connectivity package installed from new. The package introduces car play which I was led to believe was wireless this backed up by all the motoring media at the time stating that one of the few cars capable of this was the new A Class 2018 onwards. Other features were wireless charging and digital key enabling car unlocking direct with iPhone in addition to sharing this facility with dedicated people. The Apple Car Play turns out to be only accessible using a lead and as this charges the phone the wireless charging is not needed and likewise if the wireless charger is used the Car Play cannot be used.
I was told however that if I booked my A250 into the dealer for a full media download it would allow the Car play to be used wirelessly which I am very sceptical about. I don't want to go through the process of booking the car in for full day only to find I still don't have wireless Car Play as a result. Does anybody think this might work? Im somewhat doubtful myself.

Registered
I think you're right to be sceptical, assuming the person who told you wasn't from the MB technical services team in Stuttgart.

Registered
I know APPLE wireless Carplay has been mentioned a lot on here, but I have a new A250 2020.5 premium plus that only seems to support wired carplay. Has anyone had any luck with a adaptor yet? Carlo kit doesn鈥檛 appear to support it but some people
Seem to think wireless copilot does?

Registered
I have just picked up my brand new 2020.5 A250 premium plus which has the smartphone package built in but still no wireless carplay. Disappointing really, no known work around at the moment either. Has anyone tried a dongle to make it wireless?

Registered
Great news: MBUX is now supported from carlinkit or car2play adaptors!!!
I've received a mail from Carl2Play.
CPLAY2air adapter which now supports these brands that we personally tested:
  • Land Rover;
  • Jaguar;
  • Nissan;
  • Honda, including Accord and others;
  • Mercedes-Benz the newest MBUX 2020 system with USB-C (requires additional adapter from USB-A to USB-C);
  • Audi 2020;
  • If you have a USB-C system, it requires an additional adapter from USB-A to USB-C.

I've tested and I confirm it works perfectly on MBUX with the latest FW from

Registered
Great news: MBUX is now supported from carlinkit or car2play adaptors!!!
I've received a mail from Carl2Play.
CPLAY2air adapter which now supports these brands that we personally tested:
  • Land Rover;
  • Jaguar;
  • Nissan;
  • Honda, including Accord and others;
  • Mercedes-Benz the newest MBUX 2020 system with USB-C (requires additional adapter from USB-A to USB-C);
  • Audi 2020;
  • If you have a USB-C system, it requires an additional adapter from USB-A to USB-C.

I've tested and I confirm it works perfectly on MBUX with the latest FW from

View attachment 6902
FYI
I can charge my iPhone from the wireless charging place and using wireless carplay at the same time.

Registered
Where is the best place to put the dongle / hide it so it still works but allows access to the cup holders and wireless charging pad? Can it go under the centre console? Or lead a cable to the armrest?

61 - 80 of 89 Posts