Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
My photo was only to show the adaptor. Actually I can place it on the right of the usb-c input. So that I’ve still access to the wireless charge and the cup holder

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great news: MBUX is now supported from carlinkit or car2play adaptors!!!
I've received a mail from Carl2Play.
CPLAY2air adapter which now supports these brands that we personally tested:
  • Land Rover;
  • Jaguar;
  • Nissan;
  • Honda, including Accord and others;
  • Mercedes-Benz the newest MBUX 2020 system with USB-C (requires additional adapter from USB-A to USB-C);
  • Audi 2020;
  • If you have a USB-C system, it requires an additional adapter from USB-A to USB-C.

I've tested and I confirm it works perfectly on MBUX with the latest FW from

View attachment 6902
Hi there - please could you confirm that the Carlink V2 also works with the new mbux system as your picture has the CarPlay2air. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi there - please could you confirm that the Carlink V2 also works with the new mbux system as your picture has the CarPlay2air. Thanks
I will receive a V2 in one week. But I think it should work for V2 too as it’s the same firmware at my knowledge

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have just received the CPLAY2air. It works straight out of the box, not updates required. All steering and voice commands work exactly as if it were wired carplay. The dongle is also small enough to tuck away so isn’t an eyesore. Wireless charging pad still easily accessible and works along side the dongle. Really good product, I would highly recommend it.
Only thing I would suggest is to remove your phone from the MBUX Bluetooth connection as they can get confused and won’t play music from carplay unless you come out and go into the MBUX audio screen. It’s just the Bluetooth getting confused but isn’t really an issue

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have just received the CPLAY2air. It works straight out of the box, not updates required. All steering and voice commands work exactly as if it were wired carplay. The dongle is also small enough to tuck away so isn’t an eyesore. Wireless charging pad still easily accessible and works along side the dongle. Really good product, I would highly recommend it.
Only thing I would suggest is to remove your phone from the MBUX Bluetooth connection as they can get confused and won’t play music from carplay unless you come out and go into the MBUX audio screen. It’s just the Bluetooth getting confused but isn’t really an issue
Thank you, for following up and giving us an update. Much appreciated.
I did some research and come across an angled magnetic usbc device which is quite a nice thing to have. Given the the usbc outlet port results in the wire being upright and thus at risk of damage this device allows the wire to be at an angle and if pulled it will just discount at the magnetic point.
It’s on Amazon by a company called - iSkey

81 - 89 of 89 Posts