Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically we went to test drive 4 weeks ago fell in love (obviously) and the lovely sales guy told us there was a car available with in a week, naturally we paid our deposit and filled out relevant paper work. Three days later we got told it was going to be another week, although gutted we set the dates for Saturday bank holiday weekend set up the 7 day insurance and finance. Friday we received a phone call to say the transporter had broken down and there was nothing they could do how ever we can collect any time the week after (getting slightly annoyed to say the least) we arranged for Thursday of that week...Yes that's right Wednesday came we had a call from the sales lad that our car isn't being delivered he doesn't know what has happened and has left (probably due to stress).
So i hit boiling point call their manager to see what is going on who then returns my call 3 hours later with an explanation it is their network fault and not the sales lad and the car will be available in 4 days although useless to me as I can not cancel more work and so will have to leave it with them an extra week, so at this point the car is 4 weeks late, 2 weeks of finance have passed and this has been the worst car buying experience EVER had better experience with a 7 grand Peugeot that came with flowers for the Mrs a mobile phone and already a £1500 discount.

So in summary is there any advice on what i should be asking them for above a free tank of fuel which seems to be minimal!

Thanks!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would suggest a credit for either Mercedes accessories or servicing for the significant inconvenience.. maybe around 1k? At least you would get a couple of services free

·
Registered
192 Posts
I would complain direct to mb customer service as you are more likely to get something substantial
Good luck, keep us posted

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok just a little up date now 2 days before picking up the car 5 week's after ordered and 4 weeks delayed. The Mrs just had a message to say there has been a **** up with the finance docs we have already been approved weeks ago hence the car was ordered by them ) and I now have to sign more papers. This is the first contact the dealer has bothered to make since my last post.

This seems to be getting beyond belief I hadn't contacted mb direct yet as I thought I would give the dealer a chance to sort out their own mess and apologise how ever I think they have blown my last fuse! If I don't have that car by Saturday I will be going in there and calling mb while on site as this has been totally unprofessional from start to finnish.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another little update, we have been told the chassis number is different which would only lead me to believe that it is a different car to the original one purchased, which is okay given it's the same model how ever this proves they have totally lied to us, and given that the dealer told us they would deliver to our address last Saturday which i declined due to work demands which i couldn't give up bearing in mind i have already declined work for previous delivery dates i find this very interesting that there is now a problem.
I am now contacting MB so they had better prepare for an ear load, it has certainly taken a massive shine off what is a massive treat for us and a bit of a dream to own a Mercedes absolute bunch of cowboys! We don't even feel excited about getting the car any more god knows what their after care is like.

Not quite sure how registration works as we had been given a reg number for the 7 day insurance that we had set up, can they cancel one reg if car is not delivered and still use that number with a new chassis number?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I feel your pain manni. I gave the dealership chance to resolve issues (caused by them) but it didn't get me anywhere. Give MB a call - they were really good with me and put the dealership under pressure to get their act together.

I expected so much more buying a Mercedes and feel let down - like you say, it completely takes the enjoyment away. Fortunately, MB themselves performed how you would expect from a quality brand.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Oh dear I see you are from Lincoln .. I was not impressed with that Dealership at all when I made enquiries with them so you really do need the best of luck.

Sorry to hear about your troubles - you really should contact MB customer service and demand action and compensation - otherwise it will go un-noticed .. it will also make you feel a lot better I am sure.

Hope it all works out and sure once you get the car, it will be great and all settle down.

You can always go to another Dealer for servicing etc, you are not tied to that Dealer for warranty or servicing work - although as some have mentioned getting a free 1st service would be a good idea as some form of compensation.

Very poor as like you say this should be an exciting time for you .. but a lot of us have been there, with cars or other products, I'm afraid it happens and there are good and bad Dealers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey every one another update we have now cancelled the car. The dealer was Mercedes of Leeds, it had got to 5.30 today the day before collection and although we contacted MB yesterday we still hadn't had any phone calls from the dealer to arrange collection. I again called MB at 4 telling them if i don't hear from a dealer by 5.30 i will cancel turns out the dealer hasn't responded to them either, so 5.30 came i then called MB and told them i wish to cancel which they accepted (and told me they had contacted dealer at 4.05 with no response) and i made sure we were not liable for anything, my partner finally managed to get hold of some one at the dealership at 6.00 who then told us we couldn't have had the car until Monday now due to paper work i mean WHAT THE ****!?

Now i just hope they give me my deposit back with no hassle or else it will be a trading standards job!

·
Registered
4 Posts
You're not alone I fear!

I ordered an A200 AMG Sport Auto in March, and was told early May delivery. That's a bit of a wait i thought.
Then it became 24 May, then late June (but we will improve on that),which eventually was 16 June (yes,that's a Sunday). When I asked about that, got no response.

In the past week I have been trying to get to speak to someone in the dealers to confirm final arrangements for Handover, but NO-ONE will return my calls.

Got a txt message from the salesman at 4.00pm today saying I will phone you shortly..... It's now 7pm and guess what - my phone is quiet!!!

Most frustrated

MB will be getting a call on Monday....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just an update. Not heard anything from the original dealer despite him saying he would contact us this morning. Just spent an hour and a half at the local dealership. Slight change with the car but they made it worth my while!
Expecting a South Seas blue A200 AMG Sport with mirror pack, night pack, park assist, media interface and 6 disc changer, on Friday 21st June. It's another 2 weeks but the guy at the local dealership has seemed to go that extra mile so I can cope with the wait they also gave us star guard which is the paint protection usually an extra £250 and a tank of fuel. Could've got the white one with mirror pack within a week but the blue was too difficult to resist!

Now to chase my deposit from the other place...

Oh and just in case any one didn't realise as we didn't, if the car is not delivered on the date given on your order form it breaks all the terms and conditions of any contract so you can walk away with no liability if any one is feeling they are getting messed around by a dealer walk away and find a better one!Edited by: manni

1 - 11 of 11 Posts