Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 67 plate A45. It’s all seems fine apart from the steering wheel seems a little worn for the 14k miles it should have , anyone else have this issue with the alcantara steering wheel? Is there any way to verify the mileage is correct? MB offer a mileage plausibility check has anyone had this done?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just bought a 67 plate A45. It’s all seems fine apart from the steering wheel seems a little worn for the 14k miles it should have , anyone else have this issue with the alcantara steering wheel? Is there any way to verify the mileage is correct? MB offer a mileage plausibility check has anyone had this done?
Does the wheel need cleaning? Alcantara goes shiny and smooth if not cleaned and looked after. I use Autobrite Direct’s Alcantara cleaner with an Alcantara brush and within about 10 mins the wheel is clean and back to normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the wheel need cleaning? Alcantara goes shiny and smooth if not cleaned and looked after. I use Autobrite Direct’s Alcantara cleaner with an Alcantara brush and within about 10 mins the wheel is clean and back to normal.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire
This is the condition on the steering wheel , this is the only issue with the car that I have found

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah that needs cleaning and some love. Then it will look like new again.

Follow the cleaning instructions on the bottle and that wheel will look way better

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that needs cleaning and some love. Then it will look like new again.

Follow the cleaning instructions on the bottle and that wheel will look way better
Think that’s all the issue is? I’m getting the mileage checked at Mercedes for piece of mind but if you recommend these I’ll give this a shot hopefully tidied it up a little

·
Registered
28 Posts
For me the wheel looks shiny as it’s covered in sweat and hand oils. I can’t comment on the mileage being correct but you could deffo make the wheel look much less grimey.
If you Google cleaning Alcantara you’ll see there’s various recommendations. I think some use baby wipes, haven’t done so myself but, you could see if they make it any better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.