Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
A250 WhiteArt Edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted in Newbies but maybe better to post here...

Hi all,

New Mercedes owner here, A250 WhiteArt Edition from Croydon (there's a whole other story about them messing me around!)

I am in a dilemma as I bought the car but some of the features it was described as having are missing...

Most notably:
  • “Keyless Go access/ignition system”
  • “Park assist pilot with front and rear park assist”
I'm looking on advice on what you think I should do?

·
Registered
2,764 Posts

Hi all,

New Mercedes owner here, A250 WhiteArt Edition from Croydon (there's a whole other story about them messing me around!)

I am in a dilemma as I bought the car but some of the features it was described as having are missing...

Most notably:
Personally I would look to see if I could reject the car as long as getting what you were after was within your price range. When I was irritated with the A3 I bought my wife I found that Audi ran a rejection "scheme". I don't know if MB do the same but worth looking researching.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Hi all,

Most notably:
If the car was misdescribed by the dealer then you should push to reject it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
did you view the vehicle and test drive or was this called long distance selling? this is where the dealer delivers the car to you without actually you ever going to their site to see it in the flesh ? you have more statutory rights if the later occured and for longer,if on the other hand you went to view and test drive the vehicle your right to reject is limited to you proving there is a major defect on the vehicle thats deemed to be present at pos,most car dealers will have a policy of new mot at pos,accompanied test drive at pos,and a written pdi supplied by lawgistics for the dealer,they in turn get you to sign to say you test drove the car,there were no obvious defects at pos with no warning lights on and you were happy to complete the purchase,at point of collection you have a 6 months warranty,most dealers use a third party eg,aa,rac,warranty holdings,autoprotect it really doesnt matter at that point as you have 6 months durability by law inc 30 days to reject the goods or after 30 days the dealer gets 1 chance to repair up to 60 days then its down to you to prove the goods are not fit for purpose,no doubt the dealer in your case will argue that all his vehicles have some sought of legal disclaimer like e&oe somewhere in their description,thats errors and ommissions expected thats basically saying that the vehicle may have less or more features than are advertised also you seem to know what spec you were after then they will argue it was evident that the vehicle had more or less spec and you were more than happy to purchase,morally the dealer should replace the vehicle and or refund you,legally you will be very much screwed if the dealer has no morals which they wont have

1 - 5 of 5 Posts