Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
The MK8 looks ugly in my opinion. They've messed it up compared to the MK7, which I believe was the best looking golf ever. I just got rid of my MK7 GTI and got the A35, purely because the MK8 was delayed and when I finally saw the images, I was glad about my decision.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve driven the MK7.5 R recently and loved the power and noise but feels small inside and looks like a box on wheels.

Give me the A 35 with the Aero pack any day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,581 Posts
Lots of people over on the Golf R forum are moaning about the ugly looks too.

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
260 Posts
Oh looks very good..I think I will leave Merc and go next time for this VWGR...but of course it will depend on reviews and other opinions about this car

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
i really like the look of it tbh, id defo be looking at it if i wasnt in contract for the next couple of years

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think the new R looks OK externally but I don't think VW have moved the game on far enough with the interior - it's too similar to the current model. We've got an R and an A35 and going from one to the other really highlights how much nicer the Merc is inside.

·
Registered
541 Posts
... and if you don't it looks like a badly folded Transformer.

I'm as biased as the next armchair critic, but like the other VAG-alikes, Audi seem desperate to appear different without being different.

I really want to like Alfa-Romeo, but I can't quite trust them enough and like VAG brands the dealer network down here is a no-go ... sorry my bad it doesn't actually exist.

Reactions: AThirtyFive

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Yet another 306 hp German car. I wonder if there is a tax point in Germany at that output.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@veeeight aka AI. What has this got to do a Golf R as the thread title says and also the video is nearly two months old and seen by many of us.
Well. The upcoming Mk.8 Golf R will be based on, the Mk.8 Golf.
It's probably useful to those who might be considering a new, potentially more powerful Golf R, than an A35.

You do know it isn't compulsory to read every post, nor view every YouTube video posted on here, don't you? You can just scroll past posts! ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts