Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Very quick car, especially initial acceleration!

You only have to be napping for a micro second in your A45 and the Golf R will have it.

But. As I’ve said before, I wish they did these races/timing more akin to the traffic light Grand Prix, no launch control, just stab the accelerator from idle to see what the 0-60 is. Bit more realistic for everyday situations.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
To do a traffic light grand prix between these two cars would be licence losing. Couldn't stop at just 70 mph where we were lucky to have lights on a dual carriageway on such a speed section.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
An interesting article where they prefer the clubsport to the Golf R. I haven't watched the video at the end of the article fully yet.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Golf R v Yaris Litchfield

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
I know someone who has sold his A45s and got a GR Yaris, hasn’t looked back.

Had a drive in one, they are seriously good. So much grip, even in the wet, and the driver involvement is on an insane level.

·
Registered
A45s 2021
29 Posts
I know someone who has sold his A45s and got a GR Yaris, hasn’t looked back.

Had a drive in one, they are seriously good. So much grip, even in the wet, and the driver involvement is insanely good.
Literally could never swap a Mercedes for a Yaris. Thats just the car snob in me

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Another life if I didn't need a practical 5 door car.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts

AH video. Golf R v RS6

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
S3 v old RS3

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
You snooze you lose in the 7.5.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

·
Registered
White A35 AMG, Red and Black leather interior, Premium pack
40 Posts
I can’t decide whether the award for the ugliest transformation goes to the new Golf or the new Leon. Both hideous, I had the previous versions of both and they were lovely looking cars.
There’s a new gti I see locally and it’s just awful, that front end and the weird shaped rear 😱
Just my opinion of course.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
An interesting review of the Golf R in the Sunday Times today The Porter Review: Volkswagen Golf R

If you have problems reading the article from behind their paywall this is what the last sentence says, which summarises the reviewers sentiments about the Golf R:

"In the past the answer to so many questions was: just get a Golf. Sad to say in the case of this one, the considered answer would be: try something else."

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
More realistic times for the Golf R in this video

121 - 139 of 139 Posts