Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Model Year 804 (June 2013 production) has the NTG Gen 3 Platform that apparently provides upgraded COMMAND Online usage for iPhone and Android.

I have a June build A250 on it's way to Australia right now, but was wondering if anyone in Europe who has a June or later build can advise whether they have seen any discernible improvement in performance? I know it's difficult to assess if you haven't seen the pre-upgrade performance, but some comment on iPhone/Android connectivity performance would be of interest.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It's a killer isn't it Frostee, I'm absolutely hanging out for the same stuff. As a household we use Macs so iPhones all around. But I hear from germancarforum that there is some functionality that doesn't seem to be available for iPhones like reading SMS that is available on Android. Android doesn't sync or anything on the mac like the iPhone does.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,
If it helps, my iPhone 4Sshows SMS on the display OK - without Command or DriveKit.

The contacts list of almost 400 names updated in a couple of seconds for use from the centre displayand my recently dialled numbers are available for recall in the instrument display via the steering wheel controls. Music and podcasts etc., can be streamed, paused and skipped and the titles display, but you can't search titles.

·
Registered
147 Posts
To enable the SMS functionality for iOS, you'll have to go to the bluetooth setting and then tap the blue arrow next to MB Bluetooth. Then select "Show Notifications".

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks Legge,

While still waiting for the car, am so looking forward to knowing what I can do with it. Will definitely try this out.

I hope that there is a lot of functionality that can be used. As over here other cars are offering SIRI integration as standard features these days. In Australia we don't even get the Drive Kit Plus. So good to know that a lot of functions that I might desire are already available.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Works perfectly with a BB as well including SMS without COMMAND or drivekitprobably the best bluetooth integration I have used

1 - 7 of 7 Posts