Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love to here if anyone here has any plans to modify and if so what would they be.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I'm going for a black roof on mine, maybe some slightly lower springs and a upgraded exhaust.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea who is making any of these yet? keep checking KW but nothing for the W176 there yet.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
CGEE said:
Any idea who is making any of these yet? keep checking KW but nothing for the W176 there yet.
Eibach have springs

bilstein, brabus & vath all have full suspension kits out.

I'm just going for a set of eibach sport lines, done the same on all of my previous cars with no problems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Greg,

So far so good.

With what I have read and seen, these boxes are all ok on the engine.
Best thing is the fact that the once it is removed the car is back to normal, perfect for the warranty.

There are quite a few companies that manufacture tuning boxes but I
found these guys to be really helpful and genuine when I popped down to
the site.

They have 14 day money back guarantee so worst case you can always send the box bag if you ae not happy with the results.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Dan,

That's good to know, think I will get that done!
I assume you meant Brabus

Will the dealership provide the springs or will I have to provide them?
Never seen any info on this on the dealership sites but I know Ford do a similar thing.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
yes did, phone must have done an auto correct lol.
All main dealers will be able to supply and fit the parts. As for price I think there ‚¬300.

I'm just going with an after market setup supplied and fitted by a local tunes. I've done the same on my past cars and never had a problem when ive needed warrenty work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hmmm

Not a bad price I suppose inc labour.

I had a similar setup on my Ford focus where I purchased Eibach springs and had a local guy fit them.
Let me know which lowering springs you find :)

Mine will probably be different due to it being a Diesel.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I'm going for the eibach ones mate, got a price of £220 + fitting for the sport lines with a 30mm drop.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Eibach are the way forward.
I will get in touch with the dealership and see what they can price me up :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mrmann, I see you have the DCT gearbox. How do you find that works with the tuning box, any untoward side affects? I pick my A220 up on Monday and could be tempted by one of these boxes when they become available.

·
Registered
26 Posts
iopean,

no issues, all working well.
this is the 3rd box that I have witnessed with auto gearboxes without any issues.

mon2s was querying how the extra torque levels may affect the clutch as I have not seen a tuning box for the a220.

May be something to search into as perhaps the higher power output may have an effect on the clutch although I would like to think it is capable of withstanding what the tuning box will throw out.

Feel free to contact the guys at tdi-tuning to verify.
</span>

·
Registered
26 Posts
Personally I think its fine

1 - 20 of 43 Posts