Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an old discussion point from the previous A45 but an interesting one. I was getting around 29 mpg while running in and that has now dropped to a much more credible 17.8 mpg since completing my running in. Order has been restored and the A45s is just like my A45 was.

What is everyone else getting.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's trying to keep hitting that intoxicating machine gun exhaust note at 6000 rpm which really drains the tank. I have turned all but the master sound off in dealer mode and I am pleased to say I still have it. If that is the natural sound amplified in to the cabin it's fabulous. AMG should give us a secret dealer menu switch which allows us to share it with the rest of world.

Reactions: jdmave

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have to turn the AMG Race sound to minus -30 db in all the places it comes up but the one I didn't have the courage to turn off was the "master sound" menu. I couldn't say without being at my car what each menu is called.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Irish boy how you can get that kind of mpg with such drag times only Einstein knows.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I had a +5 mpg during running in but normality has been restored in less than 100 miles since running in was completed. My economy miles are now zero as below.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I can see that 🤥

·
Registered
350 Posts
Text Font Sky Auto part Speedometer Text Font Sky Speedometer Auto part

In UK mpg that is 28 and 27.4 respectively.
Urban (no traffic) and extra urban (about 80mph cruise), WOT included.

Think it does pretty well when cruising, even at speeds over 80mph, but WOT can go through a tank so fast you can't believe it's still a 4 banger.

·
Registered
A35, 2019
66 Posts
Perspective...
A35.. Average 28.2 over 5359 miles
C43..Average 19.1 over 925 miles since service in January.

The C43 (2017) has a button that allows me to run it in Sport+ noise.... the sound is louder and better than the A35.
3.0L, 370 bhp, so almost the same as the A45s

Then there is the Morgan Plus 8... 4.8L BMW V8, no turbos. Sport exhaust, 1000% natural. In sport mode the pops and bangs are to die for, the fuel consumption can drop to single figures....

Three hooligan cars, total over 1000bp. Retirement is fun!

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
If the C43 is 4-Matic, which am fairly sure it is, then that is the kind of mpg which the serious A45s driver will be getting. Has the A35 mpg improved over the last few miles. Probably too early to tell.

We had to take my wife's A3 1.5 150 ps car out today as mine has a nail in one of the tyres. I filled her car up in Sussex and it showed a range of 410 miles at the petrol station. We then did the drive home of around 70-75 miles and the range left when we got home had increased to 435 miles,with no downward movement in the fuel gauge.Well that still does not sway me about my choice to have an A45s.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
21.1 is normal with the 5 mpg quite normal too 🤩

1 - 20 of 52 Posts