Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Oil prices are denominated in dollars and it doesn't help that sterling is performing so badly against the US currency as oil prices continue to increase.

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
What baseline are you going on though, if you take the last 5 years it's certainly not bumbling along the bottom!

Yes, I did consider posting the same chart. As I thought you would post it. I am talking about now compared to 2015 when the EU referendum was announced.

Also, the only thing holding sterling at its current level is interest expectations i.e. a potential interest rate increase by the BoE sooner than expected.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I’m sure I paid £1.52 for vpower the other day.

Not really anywhere near a Tesco any more, but got 2 shells within about 10 miles of each other.

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
We'll be hitting over £1.50 for even ordinary unleaded as things are going.

·
Registered
2021 AMG A45 S Plus, Sun Yellow, DTUK 470 PS, Akrapovic Evolution in Ti
185 Posts
BP Ultimate at M1 J15A 171.9, Ultimate Diesel 176.9. And its 97RON piss compared to 99 at Shell or Tesco. Jokers

And no, I didn't fill up...

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
BP Ultimate at M1 J15A 171.9, Ultimate Diesel 176.9

And no, I didn't fill up...
They are taking the michael. Other than a few crackpots, it'll be just BP card holders paying what will probably be the new normal in a couple of months time.

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
The €2 number is probably like @nn7man motorway price as Germany has much lower taxes on fuel than the UK Fuel price breakdown UK had the highest looking at May 2020.

·
Super Moderator
4,336 Posts
“In many parts of the country (Germany) petrol pump prices have gone over €2, the highest most people can ever remember.”

Highest fuel prices in Italy and France too so no matter which way you want to cut it, rises are everywhere, no matter how much tax on fuel there is or isn’t.

UK Fuel Duty has been frozen since March 2011.

🤷‍♂️

UK had the highest looking at May 2020.
Well yes if you put Diesel in your A45, but for petrol, from your link:

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Yes fuel prices are rocketing but as we all know prices can be £176.9 at many motorway service stations or £1.40 odd at a super market petrol station. Either way it's a perfect storm in the UK with natural gas prices high now and getting higher in the spring when the cap is raised again.

And we can't win by going for a Tesla. They have raised their prices 😟

·
Super Moderator
4,336 Posts
Either way it's a perfect storm in the UK with natural gas prices high now
I'm not so sure that its a situation unique to the UK....

·
Super Moderator
2,019 Posts
Forester just likes to blame everything on Brexit 😂😂

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Forester just likes to blame everything on Brexit 😂😂
We talk about rejecting a car. It would be good if that cohort saw in stark technicolor what they have done on a daily routine basis and reject it.

The Berlin Tesla factory open day. It could have been ours in the UK Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Reactions: steve_3939

·
Super Moderator
4,336 Posts
Glass is also half full.

Nissan in the UK and benefitting from Brexit (and they sure produce more cars than Tesla).

But none of this has anything to do with the topic ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Glass is also half full.

Nissan in the UK and benefitting from Brexit.

But none of this has anything to do with the topic ;)
"is considered to be relatively small compared with other automotive battery factories. Industry insiders do not generally describe it as a “gigafactory” on the scale of those being built in Europe"

Last para sums it up. Clutching at straws rather than glass half full. At the same time Honda pulled up the drawbridge from the UK.

·
Super Moderator
4,336 Posts
Small because Nissan isn’t a battery producer! It’s an Automotive manufacturer, many times the scale of Tesla!

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Hence it's investment in batteries should be significantly more in the UK. But it's more elsewhere.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts