Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Administrator
5,236 Posts
Nissan Sunderland, directly employing 6,000, with an additional 27,000 automotive supply chain jobs in the immediate area.

Or Tesla Berlin, currently struggling to employ 2,000 at present with a capacity of 6,000 employees.

Hmmmm.

This really has nothing to do with this topic. Suggest you move extraneous posts elsewhere in the forum if you want to continue to rant :p

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Yes @steve_3939 but some brexiters don't know when to stop digging :cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
A generic comment. If I saw the reverse of the what has and is happening I would tweet I was wrong and eat humble pie. On the BBC comments section there is a sudden deafening silence from a very brexiter heavy part of the free to comment media.

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Two days ago we hit the highest ever UK pump fuel price. Since then in my locality it's gone up another 2p. A 12p rise in two weeks. It's already 151.9 for Tescos unleaded today. I just wonder what price Christmas will bring.

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Just topped up at Tesco's £1.749/l. Even so glad to see I'm doing 23.39 mpg ✌👌

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

Similar. What a difference a day makes.

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Hertfordshire/Sussex round trip, mainly on motorways, without the usual Dartford bridge and tunnel hold ups.

·
Registered
2021 A45s in mountain grey.
117 Posts
So sad to hear A45S owners actually discussing fuel consumption.
Still can buy 98 RON Shell or BP here for around a Pound Sterling / litre
I know lol had my sensible head on because I had little ones in the car 🚙 I paid £1.86 for shell v power 😩😩

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
So sad to hear A45S owners actually discussing fuel consumption.
Still can buy 98 RON Shell or BP here for around a Pound Sterling / litre
Its not the cost it’s the MPG that interest me. 23 mpg is much more the norm. I do way too many miles in my wife’s A3 as the boot is bigger and a better shape for the things I need to carry hence I’ve only managed just over 15k miles in nearly 27 months. 😒

·
Registered
670 Posts
Its not the cost it’s the MPG that interest me. 23 mpg is much more the norm. I do way too many miles in my wife’s A3 as the boot is bigger and a better shape for the things I need to carry hence I’ve only managed just over 15k miles in nearly 27 months. 😒
I still think it is a sad reflection of our times to hear A45S owners even discussing fuel consumption.

I know you would never hear @Sixman or I discussing it and i doubt @changchewsoon would either

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA45 S
124 Posts
I'd expect the M139 engine to be anything but fuel efficient considering it was designed for performance since day one.

Start/stop traffic definitely would bring out the worst in this engine when it comes to fuel efficiency.

Having said so, I did managed to get quite a good mileage out of it if I were to baby the throttle and drive like a slow poke on the freeways. But honestly, it would really kill all the fun in driving the car.

And I guess I really am in no position to complain as this topic got me looking up in Google and I just realised when it comes to gasoline price my country is ranked 10th lowest in the world and the cheapest in Asia.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'd expect the M139 engine to be anything but fuel efficient considering it was designed for performance since day one.

Start/stop traffic definitely would bring out the worst in this engine when it comes to fuel efficiency.

Having said so, I did managed to get quite a good mileage out of it if I were to baby the throttle and drive like a slow poke on the freeways. But honestly, it would really kill all the fun in driving the car.

And I guess I really am in no position to complain as this topic got me looking up in Google and I just realised when it comes to gasoline price my country is ranked 10th lowest in the world and the cheapest in Asia.

This is basically my point.
We are back to Consumer expectations.
I feel it is unreasonable to expect "good" MPG from an A45S (even standard, which @changchewsoon 's most certainly isn't :)).
The vehicle hasn't changed, Europe has.
Expectations.
If a car has "rattle and squeaks" outside your expectations, fix them yourself like our Czech (I think) member did, or sell the car.
If a car doesn't meet your power expectations, fix it yourself (as I am attempting to) or sell the car.
If a car doesn't meet your fuel consumption expectations, given the region in which you are using the vehicle, just sell it, don't complain about it.
(Unless it changed from when you purchased it, of course. That is quite another matter)

At the moment, any A45S owner can basically get what they paid for our vehicles, or close to it, pretty much anywhere in the world.
A really good time to get out of a vehicle no longer meeting one expectations.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts