Registered
572 Posts
Let's start a MPG ranking thread.

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
A long time since we saw you post.

@Turbo Ed will respond to you in a jiffy.

·
Registered
572 Posts
A long time since we saw you post.

@Turbo Ed will respond to you in a jiffy.
Yeah, I noticed it went a little quiet in here as well, but I suppose it's that time of year.

In a parallel universe he might've been more than happy to join the ranking, but would still proudly post 5 MPG.

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Good post bar the high frequency screeching voices.

·
Registered
572 Posts
34 not bad considering that's with 3 adults and a minor and that's also a CLA, but I would expect a figure around 36 as he kept it under 70 mph. My best is 42, no traffic and no passengers, and I've got a lighter car, but on a 22 mile trip, half of which on the highway doing just under 90 mph which is considerably more than this guy's CLA, and the other half on B roads doing 45. And I wasn't trying, or I wouldn't go 90 on the highway. The same trip with little B road traffic can drop that to 38 mpg. But really all these figures are so close that it's down to little details, and I doubt it will ever affect your average monthly cost of running your car, not even with current gas prices. 3 am blasts will be right below 24 and my average since reset and that is since I bought it, which is several hundreds of hours, is 27.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Friday we done a trip from Somerset to Blackpool, 3 adults, 2 kids, boot completely full, full tank of fuel and managed 42.2mpg

Yesterday we travelled from Alton Towers to Somerset with 3 adults, 2 kids, boot full, some extra bits of Alton Towers merchandise on the floor, a full tank of fuel less about 15 miles worth, and we managed 41.5

Both trips total was 558 miles and were 95% motorway.

Car is currently sitting at exactly 19998 miles and in for it's B service tomorrow.

Next time we do a long journey I will do my own video covering it.

Once I've got my current batch of TVs out the way that I'm testing, I will knock up a couple of videos giving my 2 year review on the car, highlighting the pro and the cons of ownership.
The videos will probably go down like a lead balloon on the channel as people get funny if it isn't anything to do with a TV, hence why I've refrained from posting more.Shame really as I suspect that I've probably covered more miles than any other YouTuber and have had a a number of issues and now have one with a knocking coming from potentially the diff?

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Slope Plot Rectangle Font Line

Font Gadget Gas Circle Technology

Sky Font Electric blue Astronomical object Space

Speedometer Car Odometer Steering part Tachometer

101 - 107 of 107 Posts